Getting in touch with Phil or Marva (tours)

jetstorm

MamaParrotHead,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was referring to Phil Lafayette, and I have sent him another email. I was afraid he only picked up in Ocho Rios and that's why I wanted to email him before booking a tour. I looked on the site but it is unclear as to where he picks up.

I talked to Marva on Saturday.

She informed me she was not on the Island. But would get back with me later. I had previous contact with Marva and that is why I think she may have called me while on her Holiday.

Rest assured you all will here from either Phil or Marva soon.:D

I talked to Marva on Saturday.

She informed me she was not on the Island. But would get back with me later. I had previous contact with Marva and that is why I think she may have called me while on her Holiday.

Rest assured you all will here from either Phil or Marva soon.:D

I wonder where she goes to vacation? Maybe another island???

Marva does have drivers in MoBay. Please email her again if you haven't heard from her. I talked to her this afternoon. She is checking her email constantly.

She had a nice time on vacation. So where did she go?....... To visit family in Florida. She loves to window shop. Her family is like mine - they like to eat a lot which they did!:) So, no island for her. But while we were talking, she mentioned being tired from her vacation. Sounds familiar doesn't it? :D I suggested that she do something we all love - go tubing! She said that she had just decided yesterday to do that very thing! So she and a group of friends are going tubing soon. I can't wait to hear what she thinks about it!

I have to go back to work Monday. I'm a teacher. Ahhh the glories of summer vacation, urgg... the realities of life!:eek: But we have a cruise booked for next summer so I have light at the end of the school tunnel.

I did hear back from Marva infact she called us.

We booked with her and then cancelled when it was determined that she didn't drive out of MoBay, but hten she said she could get us a driver and we could plan a tour where we want to go so we re-booked with Marva.

She's very nice to talk to.

Oh, I had better luck typing in her email address than clicking on it on her web page. She and I both have Yahoo and I've been having some trouble lately as they are updating their service or something. It seems much better now.

Hi, I've also been trying to reach Phil to do the Falls/River tubing and have had no responses. Hope everything is okay.

If anyone has been successful reaching them since about Aug 25th, 2006 please reply to I will know to keep trying.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I've given up on Phil and will begin seeking another tour guide. We sail on Sept 25th with another couple, they had written Phil and never heard back from him so I tried as well. I also wrote him directly at his email address (in addition to using his booking page), it took quite a long time for him to get back to us. I have written him again because my wife has been in cancer treatment for the last 2 years and this is our first break to get away and we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary as well, I needed to ask him a couple of specific questions about the tour. That was August 30th, our cruise is now about two weeks away and because of the lack of communication with Phil my questions remain unanswered and I've lost confidence in him. This trip is very important to us and I want to plan things out as best I can.

Since he wrote xSandman3 above on 9/06, maybe he has just bit off more than he can chew, he seems to be a highly sought after guide.

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

I have tried to email Marva, Phil, Nativeways and grandcaymanexcusrions.com, and all of their replys were in my spam box. I am not sure the reason, but it happened and I had to unspam them to receive them.

But on a bright note I booked Phil today for the Dunns River and Tubing Excursion. Hopefully I get the confirmation soon. His site does say 24 hrs and I don't expect it today. Hopefully tomorrow. Now onto booking my next excursion...Grand Cayman.

Cannot wait till APril!!!!!

I have just booked with Marva for a upcoming October tour and she e-mailed me 3x, each time within 24 hours. She sounds very nice and has put any of my concerns to ease. My sister is a travel agent and wanted me to take the cruise excursion in Jamaica, but after reading these boards and e-mailing her I am really looking forward to meeting her and feel I made the best decision. She sounds very friendly and professional. I plan to post my experience when I return.

I have emailed Phil on two separate occasions (to book a tour in 4/07), and received replies within a day. I recently booked some other excursions, that stated on their website that due to the SPAM filters used by some email providers (such as aol), they had alternate ways of contacting them. Due to the random patterns of Phil supposedly not "getting back" to a handful of people on here, I wondered if that could be a possibility (his replies being sent to Spam/junk mail folders). :confused:

My friend filled out Phil's form on his site but didn't hear back from him. A week or so later I filled out the form, after another week or so Phil wrote both of us back, so the email is coming through, it's not being tagged as spam at least for me and my friend. I wrote him again at the end of August and have yet to hear back from him.

I wrote to Marva yesterday morning and she wrote me back several hours later, she has a great personality and seems very efficient so we are booking a tour with her. I'll post when we get back to let others know how it went.

All I can figure with Phil is that he stays booked up, he seems like a great tour guide, but I just feel more comfortable with Marva's quick response and attentiveness.

Archived