Has anyone used a future cruise certificate?

slplisa

We have 2 future cruise certificates that RC gave us because last year our cruise on the Grandeur was delayed. In the fine print it says that it is valid only in the same category purchased on the original sailing. Has anyone been able to upgrade? I'm pretty sure we had an inside cabin last time, but this time we'll be cruising with our son and would prefer outside or balcony. Any tips?

Since this was given to you by Royal Caribbean, I would call them directly and ask your question. Personally, I see no reason why they would not let you upgrade, more $$$ in their pocket:D ! Keep us posted and let us know the outcome... Later, Jill:cool:

We received 2 future cruise certificates last year because of the Brillance delay due to a fishermen's strike in Barcelona. On that cruise we were in an outside cabin. We booked a balcony on the Jewel Transatlantic for this Sept and had no problem using the certificates even though they had the same verbage as being valid only in the same

category. We booked the cruise with a TA so we had to send in the certificates to them but there was no problem getting the price adjusted to reflect the certificates.

thanks! i called RCCL and they said that i can use the certificates on any cabin, even royal suite if i wanted too. they said as long as it's a dollar off type of certificate you can apply it toward any cabin. they said some certificates are a percentage off and may be restricted to a certain category.

I, too, had a future cruise certificate from last year on Grandeur out of Puerto Rico to Baltimore. Bad experience the first day. Our certificate also said you had to book same type category. We had balcony on Grandeur, however, I am going by myself on Sovereign on 8/28 and only booked an oceanview. I put my certificate # in on line (booked on line) and they deducted the money from my cruise.

Archived