Handrails on QM2

RobertQM2

Dear CC Members currently on board the QM2, I do have a special request.

As we have so many nice memories of our crossing last year, I want to make the same handrails which run all along the deck 7, in the garden of our house. So would somebody be so kind and measure it for me, I'll need:

the hight from deckfloor to top of the teakwood,

the broad and length of the vertical steel posts,

the diameter from one of the four horizontal steels,

the broad and hight of the teakwood.

It does'nt matter if it is in inches or cm.

Everything else I can guess from the pictures.

All the best on QM2 and thank you very much in advance from Austria

Dear CC Members currently on board the QM2, I do have a special request.

As we have so many nice memories of our crossing last year, I want to make the same handrails which run all along the deck 7, in the garden of our house. So would somebody be so kind and measure it for me, I'll need:

the hight from deckfloor to top of the teakwood,

the broad and length of the vertical steel posts,

the diameter from one of the four horizontal steels,

the broad and hight of the teakwood.

It does'nt matter if it is in inches or cm.

Everything else I can guess from the pictures.

All the best on QM2 and thank you very much in advance from Austria

I hope you are not planning a summer house too! measuring the funnel could be quite an extreme request for someone on their holidays! I am on in december and will gladly measure them if you can wait that long and don't get any help in the meantime. Good luck with your search.

Mark UK

Hi Mark, your idea is great. The funnel including the two horns would be in interesting add on to our house. I could wake up the whole village and the neighbor village too. ;-)

Kind regards from Robert.

PS where in the UK do you live? We just came back from our holidays on the Channel Islands and enjoyed it very much.

Hi Mark, your idea is great. The funnel including the two horns would be in interesting add on to our house. I could wake up the whole village and the neighbor village too. ;-)

Kind regards from Robert.

PS where in the UK do you live? We just came back from our holidays on the Channel Islands and enjoyed it very much.

We live just outside Manchester, which is now becoming quite a popular tourist destination (believe it or not!) Its quite an interesting city with a lot of cultural resources and some fabulous Victorian architecture. We had the biggest UK mainland bomb ten years ago which has also helped regenerate some of the less beautiful parts of the city (although at the time it wiped out 70% of the retail and financial district). Unfortunately all it seems to be known for is it's football team!!

I would like to see more of the Channel Islands, only been to St Peters Port so far.

mark

We just came back from our holidays on the Channel Islands and enjoyed it very much.

Hi Robert - I hope you enjoyed your trip - sorry we were not able to meet, but I was busy with visitors - and as you know the weather was not too great! - Typical, roasting for a couple of weeks before hand, then visitors bring rain! ;)

Peter

Hi Robert - I hope you enjoyed your trip - sorry we were not able to meet, but .............

Peter

Hi Peter, we really loved the 2 Islands and made lots of trips around by bike and on foot. Especially the cliff path walk in the south of your island is worth to mention. We too loved all the gardens, so I'm busy at the moment cutting all the bushes in our garden at home in Austria just to make a little feeling of the Islands.

Anyway, as I know, that you know nearly everything about the history of Cunard, maybe you can help me finding out what I' searching for. Unfortunately our next trip is on a HAL ship so i rely on somebody on board the QM2.

PS: As we are now quite familiar with your Island may I ask you where you live exactely?

Best regards to Guernsey from

On the West Coast, overlooking Vazon Bay, from its south western end.

Peter

So this must be very close where the famous Guernsey/Jersey jumpers are made (we came along with bikes). We both bought a Guernsey-jumper with the waves and ropes on it, in red/blue and love to wear it. Sadly, we where told the factory will close soon, because nobody will take on the business.

All the best, and maybe there is some help with the handrails of QM2.

So this must be very close where the famous Guernsey/Jersey jumpers are made. We both bought a Guernsey-jumper with the waves and ropes on it, in red/blue and love to wear it.

Ah hah, Peter, pleased to hear that you make good use of your time when not dispensing invaluable advice or on your travels.:)

Casting off, Mary

Ah hah, Peter, pleased to hear that you make good use of your time when not dispensing invaluable advice or on your travels.:)

Casting off, Mary

Obviously Peter is very well known in this community for his advice. Anyway I'm still searching for the measurement of the handrails of QM2 on Deck 7, see top of the thread.

Best regards from Austria to all who are on board the QM2 bound for Hamburg and just by chance have a small meter in their pocket, to help me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello dear CC-Members currently sailing on QM2.

I'm still searching for somebody with a small meter in his luggage to measure the handrails on QM2 for me.

Thank you in advance for the details mentioned in the thread starter.

All the best for the rest of your journey from

Archived