Gold Heeled Shoes

RI-Sailor

I've decided I need help! I'm looking for gold heels (closed toe and at least a back strap) about 2 - 2.5" high. Size (brace yourself) 10 wide. I don't make it a point to call attention to my feet unless I'm wearing something to counterbalance (very infrequently), so inexpensive shoes are a good idea.

I bought a brown sleeveless sweater with bright gold beading and sequins. I plan to make brown satiny pants or a long skirt to go with it (of course I have bronze pants and shoes, but a poll at work made me decide they are not quite the right color). While I'm planning this to be a non-formal cruise night outfit, I also may be at a semi-formal charity event the end of September. If I can't find shoes in the next two weeks or so, I may have to return the sweater and try something else.

I've decided I need help! I'm looking for gold heels (closed toe and at least a back strap) about 2 - 2.5" high. Size (brace yourself) 10 wide. I don't make it a point to call attention to my feet unless I'm wearing something to counterbalance (very infrequently), so inexpensive shoes are a good idea.

Do they absolutely have to be closed toe?

I am trying really hard but most in that size/color are open toe...

Let me know, I am trying!;)

I wear the same size and I know how hard it is to find shoes :o

I like these for what you are describing:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17450283/c/385/g/women/s/11/w/M_12.html

1733-252327-d.jpg

Zappos has a few others, as well.

Have you thought of brown shoes instead?

Would these work:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17534872/c/385/g/women/s/11/w/M_12.html

Do they absolutely have to be closed toe?

I am trying really hard but most in that size/color are open toe...

Let me know, I am trying!;)

Yes, I know. I think I walked about 10 stores with my sis and nieces on Sunday afternoon just trying to find some! I really would like closed toes - not so great looking feet right now and it does do things like rain and snow around here. I generally end up with more dressy events in the winter (holidays). I bought the sweater hoping it would work with the bronze pants and shoes I had that actually belong with a long-sleeved velvet top I wore to a wedding in March, and I didn't think the velvet top would work in September or I'd just wear that outfit.

The first pair from Zappo's might be OK. I'll check that site and let you know!

Thanks, those might be too light colored. The beading on the sweater is bright gold, but I like the style of these. There are a couple on Zappo's site that are under consideration (after I picked myself up off the floor looking at the price on the first pair:eek: ). More hunting after work tonight!

Try Le Chateau. They have had some great shoes lately.

OK - I'll google them and see what I can find.

Accomplished tonight:

1. Found Coldwater Creek Store closer to home to tell Mom & Aunt about.

2. Got fresh air walking the entire outlet mall.

3. Got exercise walking the entire outlet mall.

4. Visited friend with same size feet about borrowing gold shoes - but hers were slip on.

5. Tried Coldstone Creamery ice cream - not great.

6. Did power-walk from one anchor store to another (got heart rate up) when regular mall was closing.

7. Found gas for $2.99 a gallon (on the low side price-wise around here).

8. Discovered many more stores that don't have gold solid-toe heels in them!!!:(

Sigh.

After reading some of the other shoe posts I decided to take another look at my outfit in the works.

Sweater with bronze pants and bronze shoes - good (except for the shade of bronze).

Sweater with bronze pants and lighter shoes (since I don't have any gold) - not so good.

Sweater and bronze shoes next to each other - actually OK! The bronze pants are too "red" but the bronze shoes are more on the "gold" side.

Solution: Bring sweater and shoe to fabric stores (and annoyingly two nearby stores are closed while they move to bigger locations!) and shop. Didn't find the satiny fabric in a good color and quantity, but found some moleskin (soft, flowing, not as shiny) that works with both sweater and bronze shoes! :) Happy ending of story!

Archived