A PVP at Carnival gave all of my information to someone over the phone!!!!!!!!!!!

crazycruzer68

LOL !! damn, there goes your trip... Can you at least request a different room now ?

I had not discussed my vacation with this person because we had did vacations together in the past and I wasn't going down that road again. Lucky me, she decides to surprise us and join us on the cruise. She called Carnival and found a PVP who gave her all and I do mean all, price that we paid and cabin number to this person. She is checking on airfare and work schedules to see if they are able to go.

I called and spoke with a supervisor about this and because I don't know who she spoke with nothing can be done. Whatever could have been done wouldn't have helped me the damage was already done. Now this much longed for and much needed vacation could be ruined, thanks Carnival!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnival doesn't promise or guarantee dinner seating or times.

They "try" to accommodate your request

Yes and I was trying to call and see what they had in the system as my requested seating time. But noooooooooooooooo.

I wish consumers were able to access the same booking systems as TA's so that they could just do it all themselves, change dining preferences, bed preferences, etc.

How ironic. I called Carnival yesterday to change my booking to a different ship and after going through my request I provided my PIN and was told that wasn't it. I hadn't changed it since 2 years ago when I booked my 1st cruise!!! I was told that I had to speak with the rep. who did my original booking - maybe she could help me remember what I changed my PIN to. :mad: How ridiculous since I hadn't changed it!! I asked to speak with a supervisor but the rep. said talk to the other customer service person 1st. :mad: (errrr)

I hung up and called back and asked to speak to a supervisor and lo and behold after explaining my situation, the dear lady who was ever so helpful asked if she could call me back at the phone # in my profile. Apparently, they had changed my PIN to the last 4 digits of my ssn. (Which I would never use voluntarily!!) Some reps. just are either knuckleheads or simply unhelpful!

OMG!!!! :eek: I just posted about a guy that has been stalking me. He sent people on 2 cruise to keep tabs on me. That must be what he did. God I hate him!!! He is not even a friend just a coo coo weirdo. How can we ensure our privacy? This just makes me feel sick. How can you even get proof of it? Some people are just crazy! :mad:

OK seriously, how can travelers ensure their privacy and safety? :confused: I loved cruising CC but due to what happened I have not sailed since. I am just sick about thisnow. I had no idea people could just call up Carnival and request personal and what should be confidential info. They need to change that policy now.

OMG!!!! :eek: I just posted about a guy that has been stalking me. He sent people on 2 cruise to keep tabs on me. That must be what he did. God I hate him!!! He is not even a friend just a coo coo weirdo. How can we ensure our privacy? This just makes me feel sick. How can you even get proof of it? Some people are just crazy! :mad:

OK seriously, how can travelers ensure their privacy and safety? :confused: I loved cruising CC but due to what happened I have not sailed since. I am just sick about thisnow. I had no idea people could just call up Carnival and request personal and what should be confidential info. They need to change that policy now.

I don't think it is really a good idea to post any personal information about your next cruise on here. Too many sickos in this world today.

OK, I have been getting pieces of your story in several threads, you claim to want privacy and safety.

A) How did this guy know you were going on a cruise in the first place?

B) How did he know to phone Carnival and get your information?

It seems as if you took a week off, NOBODY, would know what you were doing and where you were going unless YOU told somebody...

...and this happened twice???

OK, I have been getting pieces of your story in several threads, you claim to want privacy and safety.

A) How did this guy know you were going on a cruise in the first place?

B) How did he know to phone Carnival and get your information?

It seems as if you took a week off, NOBODY, would know what you were doing and where you were going unless YOU told somebody...

...and this happened twice???

My thoughts exactly!

The PVPs I've spoken with (and I've spoken with a bunch) always require me to state my PIN, so if a PVP did screw up, it's definitely because they violated Carnival policy. Alas, even the best companies have their share of inexperienced, incompetent and/or sloppy employees, so anything's possible. Though even if it was a PVP, I absolutely would NOT assume it was the same PVP who ultimately booked the stalker's cruise. Customers often call and gather preliminary information from one PVP, but end up speaking with an entirely different PVP when they actually book.

Apparently, they had changed my PIN to the last 4 digits of my ssn. (Which I would never use voluntarily!!) Some reps. just are either knuckleheads or simply unhelpful!

You must have given the PVP the last 4 digits of your social. Other wise how else did the PVP know them? That's not required information for booking purposes other than the pin#.

After speaking to 3 different supervisors, I have been given 2 drink coupons per person! I really wasn't after anything, proving what happened I knew would be hard, but these supervisors act as if they have just given me the keys to the best cabin on ship! Trust if she goes 2 drink coupons per person will not be enough for the first afternoon!

I would seriously think about changing ships or even cruise lines. If Carnival will not address this situation to your satisfaction, then definitely look into switching to another cruise line (at least for this cruise). I would also follow up with a letter to Carnival holding them responsible for this privacy violation and suggest that Carnival should reimburse you for any additional costs incurred.

Archived