Question About Ports?

SueN0724

I am sailing on Carnival Victory 9/2/06 to E. Caribbean. Do the ships dock or tender at Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten??

I have booked a tour with Joyce Prince in St. Maarten and she needs this information so she knows where to meet our party. I have also booked Godfrey in St. Thomas. Any reviews of these 2 private tours? (Incidentally, I just booked within the last couple of days, so they weren't hard to get).

Also, what is the time there, compared to the US. If we are scheduled to dock at 8:00, will that be the time in St. Maarten or is there a time difference?

Thanks, anyone, for your help.

These ports are docked ports, unless there are soooo many ships in port that they have to tender you in in St. Maarten.

I have never used either of those tour operators, but they are HIGHLY recommended here on CC.

Ships are usually on island time, but not always; it is up to the captain if you change clocks or not. Joyce should be able to tell you what time your ship usually docks, and if it ever has to tender in.

You can go to http://www.cruisecal.com to see how many ships are in port for your specific day.

Have a great cruise!

How do find a list of ports that are docked and ones that are tendered. Thanks

I don't know. I do know that the following ports are tendered:

Grand Cayman

Cozumel (mostly - it depends on when they fix those piers)

Belize

Ships' private stops, eg. Labadee

There may be more. I am sure that someone will chime in and let us know!:)

During September, you should be docking in St. Maarten. The only time they tender is when there are more than 4 ships in port. Regardless, she should be able to tell by just checking with the St. Maarten Port Authority. They are the ones who decide which ships dock, and which ships tender. They come out with the schedule a week or so ahead of time, but she should be able to easily find that out since she's there in St. Maarten.

Archived