What Surprise for DH?

vesw01

This is our first trip EVER without the kids. I was thinking of having the room decorated or something sent to our room. Many of the packages include shirts and stuff that wouldn't work for us since we are so tall - any thoughts on what to get him?

You could order flowers, champagne, chocolates or fruit & have them delivered to the room.

Enjoy, I'm sure your well deserved time alone with your dh. And try to not spend the whole trip talking about the kids, cause you know you will :)

Interesting advice - from all over the board. For some those "items" may work, but my DH is more straight laced than most.

I was wondering more if anyone had ordered any of the stuff from bonvoyage gifts and were happy with their order

Interesting advice - from all over the board. For some those "items" may work, but my DH is more straight laced than most.

I was wondering more if anyone had ordered any of the stuff from bonvoyage gifts and were happy with their order

If you are asking about quality of items and promptness of delivery then yes I was very satisfied. I have ordered t-shirts and a stuffed Fun Ship Freddy for my daughter. They were wrapped really nicely and waiting on the bed inside our cabin when we arrived.

I say save your money and go with the alternate advice. Seriously... or at least do both if you are dead set on buying something.

I say save your money and go with the alternate advice. Seriously... or at least do both if you are dead set on buying something. If he is a red blooded hetero male, he will think back more to the unpurchased things than the purchased. ;)

I say save your money and go with the alternate advice. Seriously... or at least do both if you are dead set on buying something. If he is a red blooded hetero male, he will think back more to the unpurchased things than the purchased. ;)

I agree;)

If you want to buy something, then how about a nice "something" for you to slip into. :rolleyes: Be romantic!!! Order a bottle of wine for the room and enjoy each other- without the worry of kids. My husband and I take 1 trip a year for just him and I. It is wonderful. No kids, no jobs, no housework, nothing to distract us from each other. I look so forward to that time so we can act like newlyweds.

but my DH is more straight laced than most.

Usage: Today's is yet another example of a word gone astray in our language. It has now been misspelled "straight-laced" for so long that this spelling is now accepted everywhere. The adverb, though rarely used, is "straitlacedly" while the noun is "straitlacedness" (with or without the hyphen). Be careful when you try to amaze your friends and colleagues with the correct spelling of this word that you are not taken as an illiterate yourself.

from

http://www.yourdictionary.com/wotd/wotd.pl?word=straitlaced

Are you saying your husband wouldn't make an interesting contestant on the Newlywed and Not so Newlywed Game?

Boy was I just called illiterate?

No he would not make a good contestant and it probably best that I not participate in fear of shocking him ....

Sorry if I mispelled something or used the wrong verbage....I hope that I don't have to take an IQ test before cruising.

Boy was I just called illiterate?

Sory abot dat

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea,

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight for it two say,

Weather eye and wring oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long,

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong.

To rite with care is quite a feet

Of witch won should bee proud,

And wee mussed dew the best wee can,

Sew flaw's are knot aloud.

Eye have run this poem threw it

Your sure reel glad two no,

Its letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

-Sauce unknown

My husband would see the purchased items at home, smile a great big smile, and remember the activities that went along with that!! :D :D :D

Archived