What do we do after stingray city and snorkeling (2 1/2 hrs)?

CruisingCatherine

We will be going to the Caymans in November. I already have an excursion booked with Capt Bryan. The excursion starts at 10:30 AM. This gives us 2 1/2 hrs to wander around near the dock before our excursion. Our excursion is until 1:30 PM. This gives us 2 1/2 hrs after the excursion for other activities.

Do we have time to go to the beach? Is there a museum or anything of interest near the docks? How about a bus tour or something that departs every hour?

What do all of the experts recommend?:D

We will be going to the Caymans in November. I already have an excursion booked with Capt Bryan. The excursion starts at 10:30 AM. This gives us 2 1/2 hrs to wander around near the dock before our excursion. Our excursion is until 1:30 PM. This gives us 2 1/2 hrs after the excursion for other activities.

Do we have time to go to the beach? Is there a museum or anything of interest near the docks? How about a bus tour or something that departs every hour?

We too took Capt Bryan's but we did the Buccaneer. Not sure if that is what you are doing. I remember not having all that much time after the excursion but I think you may be taking the one that is an hour less.

After the excursion they left us off in HELL! could you believe that:eek:

i think you understand the pun (Hell is the name of the town). But if you have time and it isn't a Sunday there are lots of shops to go to. I'm sure that will eat up some time. The line for the tenders will take a bit of time too. SO you think you'll have the full 21/2 hours after but I doubt it, I'm pretty sure you'll wind up leaving in the morning a 1/2 hour or so later than you think.

btw- we absolutely lover the Buccaneer, our catamaran only had about 20 or so people on it. Pulling into stingray city we saw other boats full to the rafters. a couple of them didn't even look safe there were so many people on them. I hope you have the same. Also coming back when they raised the sails for awhile was cool too. I'd give a high five to Capt Bryan's operation.

Have fun, good luck

This gives us 2 1/2 hrs after the excursion for other activities.

CruisingCatherine,

I dont know if you are wanting to spend any more money for another tour/guide, but there are tours that go the Hell and the Turtle Farm that briefly stop or go by 7 Mile Beach, Governor's Mansion, etc. I'm not sure of the time frame though, so I suggest doing some research as far that goes. Rum-Point is also nice.

Is there a nice beach by the dock? One that is within walking distance.

I was also wondering if there is a really nice restaraunt near the dock? I would prefer one that maybe had outside seating that offers a really good selection and pleasant atmosphere.

Breezes is right across the street from the port area. It's in the building marked "Landmark." There's a small balcony on the front, which is nice. We sat there and people-watched many evenings. I've posted the menu in the last week or so. They have a regular menu and a bar menu, but you have to ask for the bar menu (at least we did).

There's also a museum right in town. It's a white building...and easy to spot. That was one of the things I wanted to do when we were there for a week...but somehow, we never got around to it.

You could have the driver drop you at the Royal Palms....they have food, chairs, etc., then grab a cab back to the port area.

Archived