Do you cruise with your children?

Do or have you cruised before with your children?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Do or have you cruised before with your children?

• Yes: We love sharing the cruise experience with OUR FAMILY!
    • No: We prefer a romantic couple getaway!
    • No: We don''t have any children.
    • other:

No sirree!! I have a 7-year old daughter and we try to cruise every other year, and we have never taken her. We do other family vacations during the year and we always take her then.

My reasons for not taking her on the cruise, are that, first of all, I would NOT leave her in the kid's club with total strangers that I don't know taking care of her. No way!!! And secondly, because I wouldn't take advantage of the kid's care, I also would not want her around 24/7 because it IS my vacation. I don't want to take anyone to the bathroom, swim in the pool if I don't want to, go get someone food because they're hungry or thirsty, etc. So that's why I don't take her as of yet.

When she is at an age that I am comfortable with her in someone else's care on a cruise ship, then I will have no problem taking her. But since we do other vacations with her during the year, I feel that the cruises are MY true vacation away from EVERYTHING I do every day. :)

My husband and I were just talking about this the other day. I said that it would be nice to go on one cruise without our daughter. Then we both looked at eachother and laughed. I can't imagine cruising without her. She was with us when we took our first cruise and LOVES it just as much as we do. She would be heart broken if we told her she couldn't come. :(

We have been with and without our girls. It is nice to be husband and wife (not Dad & Mom, for the week). However, taking the kids is a complete vacation. We like both, but feel guilty without the little princess' being there with us.

When our kids were small, our vacations consisted of going to Grandmas! (No money!!!) Now that they and our bank account have grown, we travel alone. Did my part--raised my kids--love them, but they are adults and if they want to cruise, they can earn the money for it themselves, just like we did!

Cruising is for hubby and myself to enjoy!

Soooo we aren't the only ones....:D

We have taken our kids on cruises since they were 9 and 10 years old. Back then, few children cruised and they were royally treated by the RCCL staff. On some of the cruises, there were less than 20 kids. Now that they are 25 and 26, they are really looking forward to our cruise on the Freedom in January. We enjoyed cruising with them when they were kids and we are enjoying cruising with them as adults.

Jackie

Archived