Queen Mary check in ?

C-U-ONBOARD

Hello there Everyone,

I am going to be a first time cruiser on Oct. 8th on the Pride out of Long Beach, I was wondering about the Queen Mary early check in. I have heard some conflicting timeframes for the early check in and just wanted to get it straight...what time is the early check in from and till? I live in San Diego and will just be driving up so I want to take advantage of the early check in but I would like to arrive at the end of early check in...Also, is the early check in actually on the Queen Mary or just located by her? Thanks in advance for your help...

I called the front desk of the Queen Mary. Early check-in is held in the Exhibit Hall from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. I was told to report to the Bell men who would assist us with our luggage. (We're taking advantage of the $119 nt. cruise special the night before on the QM). From what I understand, we'll get our Sail & Sign cards, but not board until later. But then boarding will go much faster for those of us who already have "checked-in."

Hi First Timer,

There is a parking structure where you can park, just adjacent to the Dome that serves as the embarkaction facility. There will be longshoremen at the parking structure to pick up your checked baggage so you should put your baggage tags on when you leave home.

It is about 100 yds to the Queen Mary, and you enter at the pier level aft. After you check in you will wait until the boarding begins (about one o'clock when we were there) at the Dome, which is about 50 yards from the QM. The lines were not very long, and everything was well organized. Nice way to start your cruise. There is a short tour of the QM that leaves from the check in point if you have the time.

petert

Archived