This may be a stupid question...

I agree with all the above suggestions but wanted to add one more: If you do decide to do your own ironing at the public facility, I'd take all the items that need ironed and do them at one time.

Here's what I do: As soon as we board, I drop off my carry-on bags and head to the Lido deck for lunch--also take the time to explore the ship and find where the public laundry facilities are. :) After lunch, we go back to our room for some down time.

Maybe we've been lucky but I've always had all my luggage in hand well before dinner time :D and, as soon as I've gotten it, I unpack and (no matter how well you pack there are items that wrinkle) take all the wrinkled stuff to iron it. There is NEVER any competition for irons at that time and, after it's all ironed and hanging safely in my closet, I'm set for the rest of the cruise. :D It always makes me chuckle when I notice the looooooooong lines at the iron on formal night.

But now that I've posted this here, maybe all the CC members will create a line on that first afternoon! lol

Happy Cruising!

Beffy

Uh, let me see

quote <(Not meant to be sarcastic, just meant so you will let loose and have a better time, that's all)>

Sorry I tried to help you "let loose", I see from your reply that some things may not be possible.

Have a good trip.

A lot of help comes out of this message board, you just have to learn not to take things the wrong way.

It wasn't meant to put you down as you stated, but just the opposite.

If anyone else took it the wrong way, loosen up:)

Neptunegoddes!!

Welcome!!!

My husband calls me the Tidegoddess....not because of the ocean tide, but becuase of the laundry detergent!! I am a washing/drying/ironing FREAK!!

That said, I have to admit that although I packed spray starch (yes, for my DH's shirts) AND Downy Wrinkle Release.....I wound up using neither, sort of.

What was left of the Downy after I unpacked (MY baggage was squashed and the downy bottle leaked badly) did not work on my DH"s shirts which were the only things we packed that wound up wrinkled (all my dresses were fine, and his suits were miraculously fine as well)....the wrinkles in his shirts bothered him (which amazed me in a good way) and I hung them and sprayed them with the downy, but it didn't take the wrinkles out. This probably was because I had given them a light ironing with spray startch before packing them...so the wrinkles were basically 'starched' in!!!

Anyway, I said I'd iron them on formals nights or whenever he wanted to wear them, and skipped out the door to start my vacation.

Needless to say, they never got ironed. After being on the ship 10 minutes, I decided there was no way I was taking even one minute out of my cruise to do anything domestic....DH agreed...and offered to just keep his jacket on all night...which he did. Did he have to??? NO, I'd say no one would have noticed the wrinkles, BUT I like how he looks in the suits, so I kept my mouth shut and made him think it would be totally offensive to look wrinkled!! ;)

(If you haven't noticed by now I have 'diarrhea of the keyboard') The whole point of this is...if you can get stuff pressed for a couple bucks...let them do it for you!!! Don't take one minute away from your cruise time to do the stuff you are taking a vacation from!!!!

I thought your question was a good one...but then again, I am the TIDEgoddess at heart. Have a great cruise...wrinkled or pressed!!! :D

OH...PS....when we got home, DH was surfing the Carnival Website and noticed that they rent tuxes...he got really excited about that and asked if I had known. I said, "OF course I knew that!! :D ...I have Cruise Critics!!" and he said that would have been cool to do.

My husband...the man who used to think wearing courderoys as opposed to jeans was dressy (this was when he was VERY young) I looked at him and smiled, knowing I had done my job well. It took over 20 years of 'molding' him...but I succeeded in creating a semi-classy man from a cave dwelling ape!!

Halos - Great story. hahaha. Both my hubby and son will be renting tuxes on board. Even though they both have dark suits, they wanted the feeling of dressing up. They also figure it will save packing space.

Beffy - Great tip! Not sure I will want to do that, but it is a great idea nonetheless. Since it is my first cruise I have a feeling that once I board that "new world", the last thing I am going to do is ironing. hahaha. I am gonna be running around that thing like a kid in a candy store, checking everything out. :D

Bippytrip -

Sorry I tried to help you "let loose", I see from your reply that some things may not be possible.

Your judgement that I am not a person that can let loose because I asked a question about ironing formal clothes, was not very nice, whether it was meant in a non-sarcastic way or not. Whether veiled with smiley faces or a disclaimer that says this isn't meant in a sarcastic way, you were still making a statement about what you think my personality is. I am a moderator at a message board (not for cruising), I know better than most that things can be taken the wrong way on message boards. There was no taking this "the wrong way". I see, from your newest post, that you can't seem to let it go and insist on insulting me further. Are you still saying I am "taking it the wrong way"? I am a very down to earth person who definitely knows how to have a good time (ask my kids and hubby about that and you may get more info than you bargained for). Please refrain from judging me. Let it go. I don't hold grudges. Life is too short.

Happy sailing everyone! I really appreciate all the help here!:)

Bippytrip,

When you discover you've dug yourself into a hole, RULE #1: STOP DIGGING ! ! :D

Your explanation/apology was going fine until the last "loosen up". :confused:

Must be a happily married man.....you got that right, STOP DIGGING!! :D

(all men should be so well versed...I didn't say trained!!!!)

This is also my first cruise. Believe me, I have asked some strange questions. I just like to know alot about something before I do it for the first time. I have received great information from these boards. Keep asking!:)

Is Wrinkle Release an aerosol? If so, you can't take it on the plane.

Nope. It's in a spray bottle but like one of the posters above said, I always transfer it to a smaller bottle for travel. I get a 4 oz spray bottle at Walmart or somewhere else and it normally holds enough for a one week trip for me.

Archived