Sign of things to come!

Tikibird

This morning, as we were heading south on the Gateway, we noticed a new sign.

"Brisbane Cruise Terminal next exit" just after the airport road exit and before Kingsford Smith Drive. So looks like it won't be long until passengers can get themselves to the terminal-no more Transit Centre!

I must admit we found access to the new port facilities to be extremely easy, other than actually getting into it of course. It is a very simple path from the Gateway to the site. Heaps easier than trying to get to Wharf 8 in Darling Harbour. Of course my opinion may change once we actually see the part we couldn't get into in relation to how to actually access & park the port itself.

My understanding is the next 3 cruises will be via the Transit Centre but after that it will be direct! That being said R631 would be the first cruise to not use the Transit Centre.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

My understanding is the next 3 cruises will be via the Transit Centre but after that it will be direct! That being said R631 would be the first cruise to not use the Transit Centre.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hi Chaz,

I did my own reckoning and thought our cruise would be the first to go 'Transit Centre Free'...nice to hear it from a 'pro' though!:D So close & yet so far...!

Cheers

Archived