rec's for excursions from the Conquest?

LLhunter

Hi, I'm new. :p My fiance and I are doing the 7-day on the Conquest in November for our honeymoon.. it will be a first cruise for both of us. We've gotten some good general advice from my parents and brother, but we're unsure about which excursions we should do. The FI has a bad back so can't do anything too horribly strenuous, and we'd prefer to stay away from things that attract throngs of children. Any recommendations? Or any other general advice you can give us would be great.. I've done a search and read some past threads about the ship and everything has been very helpful so far.

Thanks. :)

First of all, welcome to Cruise Critic! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, too. :)

There is a Ports of Call section on this site that will have lots of information regarding excursions. Just check out the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel forums for lots of ideas and opinions.

You can book private excursions or through Carnival. There is an advantage to each. Private excursions are generally less expensive and often less crowded and more personalized. Carnival will hold the ship for you if their excursion is late getting back, or they will get you to the next port at their expense (unlike private excursions).

I sailed the Conquest last year...LOVED it! Happy cruising! :D

Hi, I'm new. :p My fiance and I are doing the 7-day on the Conquest in November for our honeymoon.. it will be a first cruise for both of us. We've gotten some good general advice from my parents and brother, but we're unsure about which excursions we should do. The FI has a bad back so can't do anything too horribly strenuous, and we'd prefer to stay away from things that attract throngs of children. Any recommendations? Or any other general advice you can give us would be great.. I've done a search and read some past threads about the ship and everything has been very helpful so far.

Thanks. :)

In Cozumel we did a dune buggy tour hosted by www.travelnotes.cc. They use actual dune buggys and bar none, it was the coolest thing I have ever done. I recommended it to a co-worker who was going to Cozumel, she did it the first time and then again when she went back b/c she had so much fun. It can be a little bumpy but our backs weren't sore or anything, just go slow over the bumps and you should be fine. Its well worth the money for the variety of things you get to see and do. The Mexican guides were awesome, you get free beer to drink while driving (err: while you're on the tour) and water plus a great lunch.

just on the Conquest in May......we did the Rose Hall Beach Resort......I wouldn't do it again. It was an okay place but you couldn't even buy a drink there. A friend did the Sunset Beach and really enjoyed it. In Caymans it's a must to do the Stingrays.....nothing strenuous and very memorable. Cozumel.....just go shopping or walk around.

Congrats on the wedding and hope this helps!

Hi LL and congrats on the upcoming wedding. We are also going on the Conquest, in February. I went to the individual threads for Montego Bay, Cozumel and GC and got a TON on recommendations. I researched the individual websites given there and have come up with what we'll do while there. DH has never been to the Caribbean so he differed to me to decide knowing we have similar tastes in activites. I think you'll find what you need there!!!! WAY LOTS of info!

LLhunter- Congratulations! We are honeymooning on the Conquest in 6 weeks. Have you joined the Roll Call for your sailing date? On these boards, go to the roll call section, then find Carnival and Conquest and your date. The folks on our board are excellent. Some have been on the ship before and have some tips. Also, this way you will know some folks when you get on board!

At the suggestion of a fellow bride, I am going to wear my veil the first day of the cruise. Heck, I bought it. So why only wear it on the wedding day? Also, we will probably decorate our door and room with "Just Married" stuff.

Again, congrats!

Archived