Does anyone have Carnival's new Mastercard?

angel123

Ive had it for a year or so now,and Im the only one using it.I use to pay cash (debit card) for everything now I charge and pay it off at the end of the month.Ive put 4 cruises on it and I was looking at it about 6 months ago and I had enough points to get about $300 off a sailing.I think if you have a lot more expenses or more ppl using it you would ad up a lot more points.Some say its not worth it,but I was getting NOTHING paying cash,so this way,I do get something..Im just saving ...:) Dot

I got my card June of 05. I'm up to 33000 points that doesn't include the $800 dollars I just put on my Viper cruise. The interest rate is a killer so I only use it for items I planned to pay off that month. I'm shooting for a FREE cruise for two in 08 or more likely early 09.

My biggest problem is my DH. He charges his gas but doesn't believe in charging amounts under $50. I keep trying to explain the "dollar is a point" but he thinks you don't watch your spending well when you charge.

I would love to hear other feedback especially those who have cruised and what they got for their points.

I got one on our cruise last year because my Dorky Husband (that's what DH really stands for...LOL):p wanted the blinking pen that they were offering. I have never used it because the interst rate is doulbe what my Visa is.

We have one. We are presently putting on a handicapped addition, reroofing and residing our house. My contractor is putting all expenses on it and we're paying off w/ my home equity loan. I have no clue what it takes to get a free cruise but I am assuming we will get one..:D Hopefully.

I was looking at the chart the other day to see how many points would get me a free cruise and I think the smallest amount I saw was for a 4-5 night cruise and you needed 29,775 points for an inside cabin. So you can assume a longer cruise with a window or even balcony is going to be way over 30,000 points. Remember points equals dollars. Therefore if you spend 30,000 dollars then you can get a free cruise for two on an inside cabin. Also it is probably for off-season sailing.

I am taking a free cruise next month I got from points. It has taken me several years though. Just remember this I have spent 130,000 dollars to get this cruise and I got a 4a cruise. If I had spent the same amount with Discover for cash back I would have had enough cash to have gotton an balconey at 1 percent back. I am cancelling my card as soon as I get back home. Just something to think about...ez:cool:

It depends.... If you are a person who only uses one credit card for everything, and does not want another credit card AND you charge about $800-$1500 a month and pay it off each month, then yes, this is the card for you! You figure 1 sea mile point per each $1.00 you charge. There are other credit cards out there that will pay you up to $300 cash back per year such as those 5% cash back on gas/grocerie/and drug store purchases, and 1% on everything else. So you figure $600 cash back checks in two years, that makes a very large dent in cruise fare. Then figure what you would need to charge in two years on a Carnival M/C card in those two years and how many points you would earn ??? Those on here that get free cruises left and right are those who do charge at $800 - $1500 a month each month and pay it off.... Choice is yours, hope this helps

If so, is it worth getting?

Archived