QM2 Special Dinner Recommendation

SimonL

We have booked the 9/6 QM2 Eastbound crossing with family members to celebrate a 60th birthday (first T/A crossing for all!). Our relatives have booked Princess Grill accommodations while we have reserved Britannia accommodations (A1). What is the best dinner option to celebrate this special event altogether?

Hi SimonL,

Your best bet is to make reservations for your group in the Todd English restaurant.

Since you are in different dinning venues for the rest of the crossing, you will not be able to do much else. (Such as link dinner reservations with your booking #s to be seated at the same table.)

Call Cunard as soon as possible before you sail. Explain your situation and the special occasion you are celebrating. They will, refer your request to On Board Services to make the arrangements for you.

They have been very helpful to us folks that are on the Labor Day 4 day cruise right before your TA.

Hope this helps.

Happy Birthday and Smooth Sailing,

Maria

Guest juliae

Yes, I agree about making a reservation at the Todd English restaurant for your special birthday dinner. Also, tell Cunard that you are celebrating a birthday on the ship - or any special occasions, such as an anniversary or honeymoon. The cruise lines do a wonderful special celebration surprise for their guests.

Regards,

Julia

Yes, I agree about making a reservation at the Todd English restaurant for your special birthday dinner. Also, tell Cunard that you are celebrating a birthday on the ship - or any special occasions, such as an anniversary or honeymoon. The cruise lines do a wonderful special celebration surprise for their guests.

Regards,

Julia

They will serve a small cake with a serenade for a birthday or anniversary in Britannia. I don't know about the Grills.

They will serve a small cake with a serenade for a birthday or anniversary in Britannia. I don't know about the Grills.

At least in Queens Grill .. the cake was not that 'small'. I was at a tabe for 8 and the cake was sufficient for everyone to have a large piece. I would tend to think the cake would somewhat be based on the table size...

At least in Queens Grill .. the cake was not that 'small'. I was at a tabe for 8 and the cake was sufficient for everyone to have a large piece. I would tend to think the cake would somewhat be based on the table size...

We had two cakes served at our table and both were very small. However, with another dessert selection that comes with the meal, you're not deprived! It's really just a little celebratory cake and singing tribute. Neither of us were charged for the cake, but I've read on these boards that some people have been charged for the cake!

I celebrated my 60th the day QM2 left on the Inaugural Westbound. We were in Princess Grill but all that happened was a Birthday greeting in the Welcome Aboard message on the cabin TV.

Wayne

Archived