Family Ocean View on Galaxy

Grammy444

My sister and I are on the penthouse deck with a Family ocean view for an October cruist on the Galaxy and wondered if anybody has had experience in this type of cabin. From what I can tell it is aft with a large window. Looking on the X website it looks like there is direct entrance to an outside area - is that right? If anybody has photos or links to photos I would apprecitate it.

Have also heard that since this is a 'guananteed' cabin the worst that could happen would be an upgrade - what would they upgrade to?

Thanks

Here are 2 links to photos:

Galaxy FO 1156

Mercury FO 1152

We stayed in Mercury 1152 and found the cabin to be very nice. Because there were 4 of us in the cabin, the extra space (210 sq ft total space vs a standard cabin of 175 sq ft) was great. The only drawback to the FO cabins is that the window is not private as there is public decking behind it.

I stayed in the Family Ocean View Stateroom on the Galaxy in 2004 and had a wonderful time. It was very spacious (there is no balcony). I love the location. It was upstairs for food and downstairs for the Fun Factory- we always used the outside staircase at the back. We had a great time. The only complaint I had was that one night my son asked me to switch beds and I slept in the livingroom on the sofabed (hard as a rock!) Ask for the egg carton mattress covers if they have them.

Thanks to both of you for the information. I still am not sure how the two of us managed to get this cabin, but I think it will be great. I am sending the link for the pics. to my sister so she will have an idea of where we will be. We are both really looking forward to our trip.

The bed is only a double, right? Not sure about the two of us sharing, but I guess we can switch off between the bed and sofabed. I am an early riser and she is a late sleeper, so which would be best for me? I would probably get up, shower and dress and want to read while waiting for her.

Archived