Parking at Cape Liberty?

Tom/Pittsburgh

My wife and I are sailing on the Carnival Legend in May/07:D. We will be driving in our own car to the port from our hometown. Could anyone advise us of the availability, cost etc. of long term public parking at the port during our cruise?

Also, we have never sailed from New York before. Does Carnival sail from Cape Liberty or Bayonne? I understand they are two separate facilities.

I'd appreciate any help and sugestions or tips.

The parking at the port in Bayonne, NJ (Port Liberty) is $15 a day. They accept cahs, major credit cards and travelers checks no personal checks. It is uncovered and they say 24 hour security. I'm crusing on RC tomorrow and this info is in my boarding documents. Good luck!

Cape Liberty and Bayonne are the same port and are used by RCCL and Celebrity - with occasionally Cunard or other lines sailing from there. Carnival usually sails from the Manhattan cruise pier (which is different than Cape Liberty) and Princess sails from Red Hook in Brooklyn.

Unless there are a ton of ships in NY the day you sail, most likely you will be sailing from the Manhattan cruise port and not Cape Liberty.

My husband and I sailed on the Legend this year. She sails from Manhattan pier. I think the cost was $25.00 per day, payable up front. Get there early...traffic to get to the pier is awful.. Carnival does not use Bayonne (which by the way is the same as Cape Liberty)

P.S. Was a great cruise..best lobster I've ever had on a cruise ship:p

Archived