Thrifty car rental

RunningDeer

Just yesterday we used the site posted above and booked cars in two ports for December - Hilo and Kauai. In Maui we're using Enterprise which is located in the Sheraton Hotel in Kaanapali and furnishes a shuttle to/from the ship. In Kona we're using Dollar located at the King K hotel right across from the tender pier.

RunningDeer, Try again... your computer must have experienced a glitch.

Use the following codes for airport locations in each port: Honolulu (HNL); Hilo (ITO); Kahului (OGG); Lihue (LIH)... We also used Dollar rental in the King Kamehameha Hotel (KOAN02) in Kona. In Maui, if you are tendering at Lahaina, then you might want to use Enterprise at the Sheraton...as suggested by Bucky3.. because the airport is on the other side of the island (Kahului). Good Luck!

Aloha! I just booked through the discount website but am wondering how I get from the cruise ship in Honolulu to the Thrifty airport location to pick up the car. I'm picking up when the cruise is over and then dropping off the next night. Is there a shuttle or do I have to take a cab? Do I have to call the shuttle if there is one or will they be coming to the cruise ship anyway??

Thanks!!

Emi

Aloha! I just booked through the discount website but am wondering how I get from the cruise ship in Honolulu to the Thrifty airport location to pick up the car. I'm picking up when the cruise is over and then dropping off the next night. Is there a shuttle or do I have to take a cab? Do I have to call the shuttle if there is one or will they be coming to the cruise ship anyway??

Thanks!!

Emi

Thrifty has a free shuttle from the cruise ship pier area to their airport location. We used it and it was great. I am sure they will be coming anyway, but know we called them just before we left the ship to make sure they were on their way. Everyone waits for the car rental shuttle vans at the little park directly across from the terminal. You can't miss it!

SweetEmi.... The Thrifty site is not actually at the airport, but is nearby and they will shuttle you from the pier to the Thrifty location, then from the Thrifty location to the airport when you return your car. As Lambs2 indicated... they have a pick-up point right across from the entrance to the Aloha Tower shopping center... there is a small park and turn around area. We also used the Thrifty shuttle... but had to give them a call when we were off the ship. We were told to call their general reservation number (877) 283-0898... Had to wait about 15 minutes, but it worked out just fine. We walked off with luggage at 7:30 a.m. and called to get an early start, because we had a flight to catch at around 4:00 p.m...

What reservation times have everyone been using for Thrifty car rentals? Do

you use the stated arrival time posted by NCLA or one half or one hour after

arrival. We plan on getting off as soon as possible when they start letting you

get off the ship. Will Thrifty hold your car reservation if you just posted the

Ship arrival time?

What reservation times have everyone been using for Thrifty car rentals? Do

you use the stated arrival time posted by NCLA or one half or one hour after

arrival. We plan on getting off as soon as possible when they start letting you

get off the ship. Will Thrifty hold your car reservation if you just posted the

Ship arrival time?

Hi-

We used Thrifty for all of our rentals in Hawaii too and they will hold your car for 6 hours past your posted arrival time. We were running late at one of the ports, I called Thrifty and asked if they would hold the car for us and that's what they told me.

Lori

I rented cars in Maui and Kauai for the first days only through Thrifty (POAm). I chose 10AM for pick-up; Is this OK even if we arrive earlier?

Since we'll only have the cars for the first day, what time do we need to return the cars to get the shuttle back to the ship?

Archived