looking for the great stores and cafes...

MamaParrotHead

We'll have a few hours to poke around Coz after our tour, I was hoping to get the scoop on the neat shops (not looking for anything specific, just nothing real expensive) and places to sit, cool off and have a beer/some appetizers. Anyone care to share your favorite spots? Many thanks! ;)

In Cozumel, you really must stop at Carols and Charlie's. Nice appetisers (and meals) and a very fun party atmosphere. Even if you don't partake in the dancing on the tables, or the Tequila Conga line, just watching is fun.

there are quite a few downtown shopping rec.'s to be found at this link on my website: http://www.cozumelmcozumel.com/Pages/Shopping.htm. I live on the island and take no commissions or other gratituties for making these recommendations so I hope the webmaster will pardon me for publishing this link. It's part of my giving back to Cozumel what it's given to me type of deals.

I second Carlos and Charlies - generally a fun "world" atmosphere with great 60s/70s/80s music. Kind of like what a frat party for 30-50 year old would be like. That may or may not appeal to everyone - we happen to think it's a blast. Pancho's Backyard is also a great popular place.

I'd like to hear a good recommendation for nice silver jewelry at a fair price. Not cheapie but good quality.

Archived