Belize Cruise Excursions background

leruskin

Hi all!!

I have been to Belize one time but we were too scared to go out the gate LOL

So we are wondering if anyone has ever used these belizecruiseexcursions.com website before. We want to zipline and cave tube for the day. I am just wondering if anyone has used some places that will come get you from the port and guide you the whole way. Any experiences would be helpful!

Thanks!

We just returned last week from the Miracle. Before we left, I researched which tour company to use for my cave tubing/ ziplining needs. I was in touch with several companies, but after reading many positive reviews, and corresponding with Nacho and Cynthia, I knew they were the right company for us.

Before we left, Nacho e-mailed me where to meet him on the dock. He told us to make sure we got off on the first tender ashore. Carnival did not want to let us off, but when talking to several different crew members, we found one that let us on with no problems. We came to shore, went exactly to where Nacho said he would be, and he was waiting there with Cynthia along with a sign with our names on it. He promptly took us to his air conditioned van, and offered us cold drinks. On the way to the rain forest (Jaguar Paw Resort), he gave us a tour filled with Belizean history.

When we got to the resort, he and Cynthia guided us to the zip lines. They even had bug spray in case we forgot it. We were the only people at the whole resort! We had the whole jungle to ourselves. We even got our own zip lining guides to take us to the ziplines. With the cruise lines, there are guides at every platform. Our guides followed us the whole way. They took our pictures along the way as well.

After a fantastic experience at the zip lines, we began our cave tubing adventure. Other tours were there, but Nacho has access to the caves much easier then these other companies. We had a short walk, while other companies have a 45 min. walk. Along the way, Cynthia told us about the different trees and flora/fauna of the area. Since we were early, we got to do two caves. When we got to the first cave, cavetubing.com beat us there. They had about 2 guides with about 45 people (no exaggeration). We had 2 guides with 4 people! We waited for a few min. for them to get ahead of us, then we embarked on our adventure. Our guides really knew how to paddle the tubes, so we just sat back and enjoyed. The caves were really neat. After the first cave, we saw where the cruise lines brought their tours. Again...about 2 guides with at least 45 people. There is no way they could have seen what we saw in teh caves. Cynthia pointed out all of the different formations, and intriquisities of the caves.

After the caves, they took us inside Jaguar Paw for lunch. It is such a neat little restaurant. Nacho and Cynthia sat down with us for a delightful dinner of rice and beans, chicken and cole slaw. It was nice to enjoy dinner with them.

After dinner, they gave us a tour of Jaguar Paw. We saw a butterfly farm. We even got to touch butterflies! We then saw some Belizean animals (I forgot the name, but they call the one a "royal rat"). It is a huge rat! It was in a cage, thank goodness! We then saw a kikaju (sp?). It was a really cute nocturnal animal. SOme of us even pet it!

After the resort, Nacho drove us back into Belize City and took us to a Belizean Pharmacy/Dept. Store. Cynthia showed us what Belizean spices and cashew wine to buy (at better prices than the pier). On the way back to the ship, Nacho gave us all a gift...a shot glass from Belize!

This truely was a fantastic tour. THey are not a big company and work hard to make a living. The tour will be personalized and you will feel like you "got the inside scoop" on Belize.

Here is their contact information

nacho_cynthia@yahoo.com

www.ncqadventuretours.com

CruiserErin... I was just wondering about your zipline tour. How many platforms were there? How long did it take you to do the tour. I am trying to compare Belize ziplining with Roatan. Thanks for the information.

I have been to Belize one time but we were too scared to go out the gate LOL ...

We want to zipline and cave tube for the day. I am just wondering if anyone has used some places that will come get you from the port and guide you the whole way.

UMMMMM -- the ship's excursions are positively the safest way to do any port. They pick you up right at the port, guide you the whole way, keep track of you, make sure you get back on the ship, and provide the most secure way of traveling. If you are so much afraid of a port, why in the world would you go looking for an independent tour operator?? Be safe -- use the ship's excursions. No brainer.

Archived