Venice to Rome May 2007

Miss1stCruise

You made a great first choice for your first cruise!!! :) I, like you, chose Oceania for my first cruise also. I was not disappointed. I went on the Insignia but if you read all the other posts the other two ships are exactly alike. You will thoroughly enjoy the food and the people and staff on board!

My personal recommendations: make your reservations for the special restaurants immediately when you get on board, choose the excursions you want to go on before the cruise by reading the descriptions on Oceania's web site. You can book them when you get on board. Another thing, I learned .... I did not wear half the clothes I brought so think carefully about what you want to bring. They do have laundry and dry cleaning facilities on board which are very nice. I brought entirely TOO MUCH!!! Bring good walking shoes and comfortable clothes for the excursions. Leave your nicer clothes for dinner. Try all the food choices you can and go to the wine tasting ... you learn a lot. Take a digital camera and download each night to the ship's servers the day's pictures by making a folder for each stop. At the end of the trip the great techies will download them to a CD for you to take home ... only $15. I took hundreds of pictures. Unfortunately, my camera was left in a cab near the Vatican by dummy me and NOT returned in Rome even though my hotel called the cab driver and company right away, BUT I STILL had the pictures that I had downloaded so it wasn't a total waste. I hope whoever has my camera is enjoying it (and burns in hell ...:) ... for not returning it).

Remember to leave a little extra for the attendants of your room and your butler if you have one. They work hard to make your stay a pleasant one! At least mine did.

Above all, just smile and enjoy yourself and meet all the people from various parts of the US and world!!! Have a great time ... I know you will!

Archived