Live from the Crown 8/25

teetop

Hello, I am currently a Girl 1 for Royal Caribbean. A lot of my cast mates have spoken to me about Princess and advised that I should see if I could take my next contract there. I have looked ALL over the internet and cannot seem to find a place to send a video or go to an audition for them. Does anyone know what a singer would need to do to audition for Princess? What type of shows do they do? I would like to know this so that I might include the proper audition material for the tape. My contract here will be done in December and I would like to get working again as soon as January. You know how work goes, I am putting as many feelers out there as possible. I want to keep all my options open.

Thanks for you help.

I don't know what you have to do but I can tell you Princess does their shows themselves and they do it out of Los Angelos.

Hi Everyone!

Just a few things. We did not bring our laptop because I didn't want to carry another thing. I figured I was on vacation and I would try to stay away from the internet, but, I found myself in the internet cafe sending messages here and to my family. It wasn't bad at all. A very few times, it was slow, but I had no trouble on it. Just swipe your card and it gives you the 1st minute free, which is n't really anthing. But the cafe itself was never crowded. There were maybe 20 or so computers, not exactly sure, but never a problem.

The rasul mud thing was 75 dollars per couple while in port for the person who asked me (i'm sorry I forgot your name). On the sea I think it is 83 dollars, not too sure.

For the person asking about the dolphin suite. I was very concerned when I heard all about how this deck is completely uncovered. I never in my dreams thought to ask about this when I booked our trip. when you look out onto your deck from dolphin, all you see is water. This deck is flush with all the other decks below it. When you look up, you see all the other decks and their cabin. The cabins above, even tho they may be covererd partially or fully, looked down on other cabins, so for us, it was nicer to look down totally on water only and not on other people and their cabins.

It didn't bother me that people could look down on us, because, frankly, I don't think they were really interested in looking down at others. The view was stunning. Also, we went down south with the sunrise every morning, and the sunset coming back up.

It was really nice to see so many people dressed to the "nines" for the formals. It was hard for me personally, to peel my eyes away from my own sons who all had suits on and enough gel in their hair to cover the whole island of Bermuda! LOL We saw the show on the gala welcome and we did not change our clothes. We had 6pm traditional dinner and we finished on average about 7:30 or so, so we just bopped around and went to the 8:45 show. If we were to have stayed out later, we probably would have changed our clothes. I think alot of people stayed in their best clothes, and I think it is just a personal decision.

I can't believe the horrible weather you all had up here. We were so lucky. It was gorgeous. San Juan was very hot and sticky, Bermuda and St. Thomas and Turks were just perfect. Hope this next cruise and thereafter have great weather, because if we rocked and rolled every sea day the way it did on Saturday, that would have been a bummer for some. It wasn't really, really horrible, but man we all walked sideways! The captain came on the PA on Saturday and asked everyone to get out of the pools, they were emptied on Saturday, he told everyone to please use the handrails, he said the swells were up to 12 feet, I think and I saw barf bags around. He also said it would get slightly better. If anyone reading this and was on the ship and I forgot anything or I am incorrect, please answer back.

If there is anything I would say that disappointed me was the fact that in my opinion, the photos were very overpriced. I remember buying photos for , what, 6 dollars and they were, I think 5 x 7 or something like that - well those sizes are 12.95 and a big version is used for the embarkation, and 2 gala photos for the cost of 19 something. So I purchased duplicates of the 3 big ones and they gave me a free photo album and free scrapbook, big ones because I bought duplicates or something like that. I'm not too clear, am I, on this, but I hope you get my drift.

Also, I also found it silly why they charge for ice cream. One day we were having lunch at the Horizon Court and my boys got the apple cobbler for dessert, and they happen to like ice cream on it, so my big one had to go to the ice cream station, and buy a bowl to bring it back to put on the dessert. Listen, if it were free, we all would have eaten 1 gallon every day, but it wasn't and we didn't eat that much, but for the above reason, I felt that it was silly to have to go buy some for a dessert.

Another thing - when you buy liquor in port, I had to check it at a table and they told me that I would be able to get it from my cabin steward night before we get back. That was no problem to me because we didin't plan on drinking it tillwe got back home. The problem I had was that my cabinsteward didn't have my liquor - it had gone to another cabin by mistake, - they wrote the wrong cabin number when I checked it returning to the ship and when they tried to contact the person in that cabin, they had left this morning. So they did, after a while get me 2 new bottles from, I think, Adaigo bar and all was ok. It just made me upset that people can be dishonest and not return something that didn't belong to them. I mean, if someone comes to my room and says, heres your liquor and i know it's not mine, I would absolutely return it. (unless of course they are giving it to me as a gift LOL) Of course, I can't be 100 percent sure that they kept it, I was considering going to their cabin last night and ask, but I felt that Princess should take care of it, because, it was initialy their mistake, and they took care of it fine. But when you check liquor, just make sure they write the correct info on their log, it probably wont happen again, but just some advice. It's funny now, cause my dh said, let's bring home capt morgan's spice rum because we enjoyed it this summer and then we thought we wouldn't get it because of what happened. I know they would have refunded us the money. They are very conscious(SP?) of pleasing everyyone.

Another thing - (hope this isn't too long!) They put balloons on the ceiling in front of our door to celebrate my in-laws 50th anniv and myson's what we called sweet and sour 16th (LOL). When you put info on your personalizer, they will ask if you want to celebrate anything and it was really just fun to see those balloons every day. They taped them up and they stayed fine the whole trip. And no kids broke them, which leads me to all the kids on board. Reportedly, there were 800 kids and let me tell you , you never would have known it. No wild kids from what I saw. I think wild kids are from parents who don't keep an eye on them, and I don't want to get into that discussion, everyone was well behaved.

Ok that's all for today. Please, please don't hesitate to ask any questions or ask again if I've overlooked anything. I remember being petrified to ask anything for fear it would look silly or I would use the wrong 'Cruise critic" ettiquitte (SP?) And look what happened, my very first thread post and I USED THE WRONG CRUISE CRITC ETTIQUITTE! LOL

Any way, I still feel like I'm swaying and now it's the washer that's rocking!

Happy Labor Day all and will speak again!

Terryanne

Archived