Has anyone done the scuba dive at Half Moon Caye?

Has anyone done the dive at Half Moon Caye? I would love to get a dive in here, but $79 for 1 dive seems real expensive. Has anyone done it? Was it worth it?
I,ve done the scuba dive on Half Moon Cay twice,once with my son and once with my husband, When I dove with my son,they were just starting operations. My son and I enjoyed the dive,but when I got back to the boat in fairly heavy seas-I tried to hand my weight belt to the young woman working on the boat. She refused to take it because"she didn't want to get wet." When we were on Half Moon Cay next, I related the story to the excursion desk people. They told me a professional dive operatrion was now managing the show. The dive leaders did seem qualified and the dive went well-but as dives go it was just OK. A shallow dive25-30 feet max and nothing special in terms of fish or coral. If you are dying to dive there-do it.But you'll have better opportunities to dive on most of the islands where your cruise takes you.

Archived