NCL - Babysitting for babies?

I am thinking of booking on the NCL Pearl. I will have a 10 month old baby along. My wife and I would love to go snorkeling together, but obviously we can't with a baby of that age. Am I correct that there is no baby sitting services available on port days for a baby of this age since they do not change diapers? Please let me know what your experience is. Thanks in advance!

I don't believe NCL does babysitting of any kind for kids under the age of 2. I believe Carnival does and definitely Disney. That's why we waited until our daughter was 2 before we took the kids on a cruise with us. NCL is our favorite line so went on the Dawn last year and we had an absolute blast. We're going again next June. The kids can't wait! You might want to re-think the snorkeling thing or possibly bring along a relative that can help with the babysitting.

We're bringing the grandparents on our NCLA cruise next June. :) Actually, they immediately said they would like to join as soon as we mentioned the cruise and offered to take turns so we can still enjoy dinner and other things. We enjoy dressing for dinner and they enjoy the buffet instead. Family vacation so we will spend our pre-cruise time together as well. Our daughter will be 9-10 months at the time depending on if she will hurry up and get here this week!!:rolleyes:

To cruise Hawaii, this worked out to be our best option due to availability and that NCL (NCLA) allows children under two to cruise without paying the cruise fare but rather just the port/govt fees. So although no onboard babysitting, for our itinerary and timeframe it was our best option.

We're bringing the grandparents on our NCLA cruise next June. :) Actually, they immediately said they would like to join as soon as we mentioned the cruise and offered to take turns so we can still enjoy dinner and other things. We enjoy dressing for dinner and they enjoy the buffet instead. Family vacation so we will spend our pre-cruise time together as well. Our daughter will be 9-10 months at the time depending on if she will hurry up and get here this week!!:rolleyes:

To cruise Hawaii, this worked out to be our best option due to availability and that NCL (NCLA) allows children under two to cruise without paying the cruise fare but rather just the port/govt fees. So although no onboard babysitting, for our itinerary and timeframe it was our best option.

Mandy, congratulations on the impending birth of your baby!!!! And, actually, all NCL ships only charge the port charges/gov't fees/taxes for children under the age of 2. Enjoy your cruise!

Mandy, congratulations on the impending birth of your baby!!!! And, actually, all NCL ships only charge the port charges/gov't fees/taxes for children under the age of 2. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! And yes - I knew all NCL and NCLA ships had the under-two rule. That is great they do that! Just reading the Hawaii and NCL boards people have really started specifying between the two (probably due to service differences), so I thought I would say both. :) I've been on modified bedrest for two weeks and not teaching students at school, so I feel like I am ready! :)

Thanks! And yes - I knew all NCL and NCLA ships had the under-two rule. That is great they do that! Just reading the Hawaii and NCL boards people have really started specifying between the two (probably due to service differences), so I thought I would say both. :) I've been on modified bedrest for two weeks and not teaching students at school, so I feel like I am ready! :)

I was on full bed rest for both of mine the final 4 weeks. You'll be fine. My mom gave me one piece of advice I'll never forget: the nurses know what they're doing so just do what they tell you and you'll be fine. That was sooo right. I'll keep you in my prayers and just know that you and that beautiful baby of yours will be just great!!! Keep us posted!

Archived