Navigator January 2005

:D Hi we are going on Royals Navigator in Jan 05. Just wondering if anyone could give us some good feed back ...Whats good to do? Is there things for chidren to do? Was there any thing you didnt bring you should have? The food how was the food? And is there anyone else sched for jan 05..:confused:

Are you on the Eastern or Western? If you are on Eastern I have all the daily compasses.

The one thing that is a must is a power strip. I was glad I had it. I purchased it at Walmart for $3.00, and just gave it to our room steward at the end of our trip.

Alarm Clock. If I wake up in the middle of the night I don't want to fumble around to see what the time is.

Zip lock bags have many uses.

Excuse me for asking but what is a "powerstrip" mentioned above, Since me and DW is going on our first cruise on Jan 2:nd and will be travelling from Sweden we dont want to miss anything important.

If you have a lot of electronics to plug in. There are not many outlets in the cabin. We had a hairdryer (I need to use my own), shaver, alarm clock, ipod (music), computer and cell phones. So as you can see we needed the extra outlets.

Our sprint phones worked on a couple of islands. My husband has a sprint wireless card for his computer. That worked also.

I haven't sailed on the Navigator yet but am in a few weeks. I was on the Explorer last year which is basically the same ship. Depending on the ages of your kids there's different things to do. If they're young they have the Kids Club that they go to for lengths of time each day (not sure exactly) and do all kinds of activities, swimming, etc. If they're older then they'll probably do some stuff on their own and there's also a teen disco separate from the regular ones for them.

I've not been on a cruise yet where I didn't enjoy the food. We usually eat mostly in the dining room and then mix in 2 or so meals in the other restaurants for dinner. I'm sure the kids will love Johnny Rockets...any place where they greet you with french fries and onion rings before ordering is sure to please....long lines though so plan ahead.

I think if you check on the 'ask a cruise question' board, you'll find a thread about packing that gives you a few examples so that you can get some ideas of things to bring that you might not think of.

We will be on the Navigator on 1/15/05 - 1/22/05. We took our 2 sons with us on the Explorer last October. At that time, they were 3 & 6.

Our older son, Nicholas, had a blast in Adventure Ocean. There were times we had to drag him out of there for meals or to visit an island. He hung out with the other children, but I think when they're that young, they don't find 1 or 2 good friends, they just play in big groups.

Our younger son, Ben, had just turned 3, and was intimidated by the big group of kids. He liked Adventure Ocean the first 2 days, but refused to go back after that. He spent the rest of the week with DH and me.

We did the western caribbean last year, and took the boys to all the islands. However, because of the heat, the boys only spent a couple of hours in the morning at the beach. I would bring them back on ship around lunch time while the rest of our group stayed on the islands.

The boys loved the buffets for breakfast & lunch. They got to pick whatever they wanted --- mostly bacon. Dinner was kind of long for the boys. Nicholas was always itching to get to AO, so he would eat his dinner really fast.

I highly recommend the drink card. I believe it was $25/person. Nicholas got a kick out of being able to go to any bar and ask for a drink. He felt like a grown-up.

There's plenty for children do to on the ship. Nicholas had so much fun that he's been talking about it since we got off the ship. He tells all of his friends about all the fun things he did on the ship. He even remembers things he saw on the islands.

We asked the boys if they wanted to go do Disney World this winter or take another cruise. They both picked the cruise.

With all the running around and excitement, make sure your children don't get over-tired. A couple of times I had to force Nicholas to take a short nap because he would stay up til midnight, roaming the ship and hanging out with the grownups.

I hope this helped.

Yvonne

• 2 weeks later...

Jennifer

My Wife and I would love here what you thought of the ship and if your going to San Jaun,St Thomas, St Martin and or Nassau please let us know the good points and the bad. thansk again for the info...

Terry:eek:

I haven't sailed on the Navigator yet but am in a few weeks. I was on the Explorer last year which is basically the same ship. Depending on the ages of your kids there's different things to do. If they're young they have the Kids Club that they go to for lengths of time each day (not sure exactly) and do all kinds of activities, swimming, etc. If they're older then they'll probably do some stuff on their own and there's also a teen disco separate from the regular ones for them.

I've not been on a cruise yet where I didn't enjoy the food. We usually eat mostly in the dining room and then mix in 2 or so meals in the other restaurants for dinner. I'm sure the kids will love Johnny Rockets...any place where they greet you with french fries and onion rings before ordering is sure to please....long lines though so plan ahead.

I think if you check on the 'ask a cruise question' board, you'll find a thread about packing that gives you a few examples so that you can get some ideas of things to bring that you might not think of.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We were on the Navigator last January. We had such a good time we are going back, but in July.

Take a jacket! a lined windbreaker would probably do. On embarkation day January 10, 2004 the air temp was 65 and the wind was really whipping. We were in shorts and golf shirts and spent a lot of time inside. Expect a breeze because it can REALLY get cool. When the ship was in motion the wind could really move across the deck. Think about it; the ship is moving at the equivalent of 35 m.p.h. Especially until you get below Miami, you could find the breeze cool. A jacket = great idea!:)

Murphykputts - Leaving on NOS 10/23 for Eastern - Can you just list the theme nights for dining room? Trying to decide on night for Chops! Did you eat at Chops? Was it $20 or $25? Still charging $3.95 to get into JR's? I know the malts are$3.95-and they are worth it! Thanks - Marsha

Archived