Room Service Breakfast Questions

driker2

We are booked into a Penthouse Suite on a soon-to-be Crown Princess cruise. We were wondering about in-suite breakfast. I understand only continental breakfast is available in most cabins but the suites have access to a full breakfast menu. These questions are for anyone who has cruised on the Crown Princess in a Penthouse or Owner's Suite:

1. Do you by any chance have a copy of the breakfast menu or can you recall what the menu included?

2. When the breakfast is served, does it come on a room-service type cart or must you utilize the verandah table to eat?

I think there's an actual table in the full suites, so you could eat at table inside or out, whichever you preferred..

anno

We have been told that but the picture of the full size suite shows ONLY a small three-legged coffee table in the room.

We have been told that but the picture of the full size suite shows ONLY a small three-legged coffee table in the room.

you're right.. I based my reponse off a floorplan I saw earlier, which must have been for a different ship.. no personal suite experience or crown experience. please forgive me for passing on assumptions (presumptions? I despair of ever getting that right) rather than information.

anno

I have not been in a penthouse on the Crown but have on other Princess lines. We were given a suite menu, different from the room service menu which has all breakfast items that you would want... When delivered they come in ask where you would like to eat and then set the table for you, serve your breakfast and then leave!!! It really is very nice. My husband thinks it is the main highlight of the suite! Our last suite was in 2004 so that is the way it was then.

We sailed a mini suite also on the Dawn, and you do not receive this same menu or service.

My understanding (for rooms other than suites) is if you want something that is not listed on the continental breakfast menu, you simply write it in and it will be delivered. I have heard this many times, but of course don't know it to be true because I have never tried it myself.

Has anyone ever done this?

Up to a few years ago, I always wrote on the card, say, if I wanted bacon, etc etc...There was no problem getting it either..I was either in a balcony or Mini at the time..Unfortunately, this hasn't worked for me the last several cruises either on the Golden, CB, or Star...No big deal, I can run up to Lido and bring something back..It's the "getting spoiled" and then NOT getting something you previously got that is a bummer...

My DH and I were in a suite this past January on the Sun Princess. You have full menus (i.e., whatever they are serving in the main dining rooms) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you want something and it's not on the menu, then call and they will fix it for you. You also get the "continental breakfast card" which is different than the full menus. In lieu of filling out the continental breakfast card, recommend you call your order in everymorning from the full menu. This worked very well. So...if you want steak and eggs every morning or eggs benedict, pancakes, etc. just ask. :)

Also, when we were in a mini I called room service in the AM and was told we could not order "full" breakfast items..

A few years back I remember everyone talking about the Princess french toast.. I think with a cornflake crust or something... Never got around to trying it.. Is this still a signature Princess item?

Archived