Help -not long to go?

Fortknox

Hii CC members

Just a couple of questions as we prepare for the biggest holiday of our lives:p .

I understand that the Sun offers a bag of washing or 20 pieces for about $25 (I think it was) what days is this offered on a 10 night cruise. We would prefer to take up this offer as dont want to spend precious holiday time washing. Knowing my luck I will have just done the washing & this would be offered:eek: . So thought we might be able to get a heads up from previous cruisers.

Can we send postcards from the ship or islands - I suppose in our stops this would be Noumea or Vila?

Are there any herbal teas on board - I like a Peppermint tea in the morn & not sure if I should take my own . I have even thought about ginger incase we feel queasy:rolleyes: .

Most important for hubby - what sorts of beer is available on board?

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks Deb

Good questions Deb...cant help with any answers but will be watching this thread. Can you believe we are leaving in just over a week. Where has the time gone!

Also for anyone else reading this thread- how much do the laundry facilities cost? I am packing enough to get me through the ten days and will be washing key things- so it wont be that much.

Thanks! :D

Can we send postcards from the ship or islands - I suppose in our stops this would be Noumea or Vila?

There's a post box in the Purser's lobby that is cleared just prior to departure from Noumea and Vila. You'll need to use local stamps, which can be brought from the pursers desk, I think.

Are there any herbal teas on board - I like a Peppermint tea in the morn & not sure if I should take my own . I have even thought about ginger incase we feel queasy:rolleyes: .

Yes I think there is at the self serve cafe bars in the Lido Buffet, but might be an idea to take some just in case.

Most important for hubby - what sorts of beer is available on board?

Bottles/Cans - Carlton Cold, Cascade Premium Light, Cascade Premium, Corona, Crown Larger, Fosters, Fosters Light Ice, Guiness, Hahn Premium, Heieken, Tooheys New, Tooheys Old, Vic Bitter, XXXX Gold.

On Tap - Fosters & XXXX.

Kym

On our 12 night we had the laundry offer 2 days into the cruise and 2 days before our return. I tried to get to the laundry but the amount of people waiting was too long to wait so cant tell u the cost. Also we got VB on tap at the outback bar as well as the otheres skyrules has mentioned

The laundry isnt open all night as there are cains nearby I think till maybe 10pm? Someone else will know exactly. Everytime I went there there were people waiting and there was washing already in so u had to wait for that to be done. I personally couldnt be bothered. The offer in june was 20 for $20 but I see its now gone up to 25 I found this was all I needed. Small things I just washed out in bathroom

The laundry is open till 10pm but they don't always supervise this. We had a cabin right nearby and it can get a little noisy.

There is a few different teas available. I know that green tea is available. They had ginger beer, don't know about tea.

The laundry is $1 per machine, I think, and yes there is usually always long lines.

....... They had ginger beer, .........

Actually Jane, they didn't have ginger beer. They had ginger ale. I know that becuase my DH generally only drinks ginger beer but had to drink coke on the ship, he doesn't like ginger ale (I can't taste the difference).

As for the laundry issue, we are a family of 5 and managed to get through an 11 night cruise without washing (boy! did I make up for it when we got home:eek: ). We washed the odd thing out in the cabin (mainly undies - but also a t-shirt here & there) and hung it on one of those things you can get with the pegs on ( not a good discription I know) but we managed.

Karen

They do have some herbal teas. They are not always available. I just checked what they have available tonight and they had:

Yellow label tea quality 64

Lipton peppermint herbal infusion

Lipton chamomile herbal infusion

Lipton lemon herbal infusion

Hi Maf

Sorry your cruise is over - you will have to save for the next one now:eek: !

Thank you very much for the info on the tea & all your postings - you have really gone way out for all of us on your cruise:) .

It has been a pleasure to read your posts & so much help to me & I am sure all newbie cruisers :p .

You have been a real gem;) .

Next week it's our turn & we are soooo excited.

Tomorrow will be a big big day packing before we fly out on Friday for the start of our dream holiday.

Thanks again

Deb:)

Archived