Just Back from GREAT Spirit cruise 8/19-27

mypyr

Hi! We just got back today and had a wonderful time. I am going to be really busy for the next few days, so I won't be able to write a review right away...If you have any questions, though, ask away! It was really fun meeting all our CC friends!

Cindy

Cindy,

When you get settled I would love to hear all about your cruise. My trip on the Spirit is on Sept 24th. I am looking forward to it. Seems like the reviews on the Spirit are really bad or are really great. Not too many in between.

Lacy:p

Hi Cindy,

Yes it was a great cruise and fun meeting everyone. Thanks for the Mardi Gras beads. The only bad thing was leaving 3 hours late. I can't believe that they filled the ship up with the wrong grade of fuel and had to remove it and refuel. But we still arrived at St. Thomas on time.

Phil

Hi Cindy,

. The only bad thing was leaving 3 hours late. I can't believe that they filled the ship up with the wrong grade of fuel and had to remove it and refuel. But we still arrived at St. Thomas on time.

Phil

Good thing it was summer or you could have been there a lot longer. That fuel gets like mud in the winter. It took 6 hours just to fuel the Dawn once last Feb. :eek:

We just returned from the Spirit 8 day as well!

We had a wonderful time, lots of positives and helpful hints to share as well. We will post a review early in the week. But first the unpacking and the return to "life".

It was fun to meet and then bump in to our "Roll Call" friends throughout the week...thank you for helping to make this trip so much fun!

I agree, it was a really wonderful cruise :D It was great meeting everyone from our Roll Call at the meet and greet and seeing everyone around the ship. The ship is beautiful, the food was great, the entertainment was good - especially the hypnotist Dr. Trance and the magician Ed Alonso. We loved the layout of the aft decks with the kids pool and the Raffles Terrace. The service was outstanding in all the dining rooms, especially Prince Charles in Le Bistro for dinner and lunch at Windows.

You are all in for a treat on the 9/2 sailing!

Hi Erpa

The Hold Em (HE) tournament was unbelievable. I played about 8 hours of limit HE before entering the tournament to analyze the competition. It was worth it since all of the limit players were in the tournament however, not all tourney players played limit hold em. The limit game was a lot of fun and my friend Bill and I made plenty of friends playing. The table was 5/10. The blinds were 2.50 and 5 and the flop was 5 turn 10 and river 10, three raise max. The RAKE is huge at 10% so they win every one in ten. I've played 2-4 games which were much more costly and had bigger pots.

The HE tourney was awesome, we had 49 players and I knocked out 5 or 6 players during the first hour and did severe damage to the four or so original remaining players. It was very exciting, after an hour they broke up my table to my dismay. The four original players all said thank god. I wound up at my friends table and he eventually knocked me out. I finished 19 or 20th out of 49. My friend placed fourth winning 500 and the four at my original table all made it to the final table with two making it to the final two. So I played well against five of the best but not well enough to beat my friend.

See my post under the original holdem and also my review of the ship

Archived