Most discussed topic

dam1050

Which Single Topic do you Find Most Discussed ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which Single Topic do you Find Most Discussed ?

• Attire
    • Food
    • Itineraries
    • Liquor
    • Ships
    • Tipping

Okay, kids, now stop.

Thank you Heather !!!

Wow-- when I posted the poll originally I had no idea or intention that it would cause any friction. I actually figured it would just elicit voting and there wouldn't even be any written responses. Was I ever wrong !! LOL

Responses to this poll aside, the poll itself does show that Attire (the state of one's state of dress or undress poolside, Lido, dining room, formal, informal, ....) continues to be the most discussed topic on the boards, with tipping coming in a strong second.

I particularly enjoyed Jazzsea's comment and agree that trip reviews are my favourite reads. I love hearing about the ships and excursions that people enjoyed.

I tend to ignore / avoid all threads related to clothing, liquor, smoking, tipping and the likes. Life's too short to get overwrought with other's opinions.

I did set the poll up to stay "active" for 10 days, so hopefully it will last long enough for everyone who wants to vote ...

Dave

I particularly enjoyed Jazzsea's comment and agree that trip reviews are my favourite reads. I love hearing about the ships and excursions that people enjoyed.

Oh, I agree entirely. Those are among the very best threads, and the ones I enjoy reading the most. I especially enjoy those that are being written IN TRANSIT ... i.e., like Ruth's Happy Wanderer series. My own "Reports from the Volendam," back in January 2002, were fun to write, too. They also helped me to write my review when I got home.

I plan on writing a "Report from the Zaandam" this Fall. :)

My own "Reports from the Volendam," back in January 2002, were fun to write, too. They also helped me to write my review when I got home.

I plan on writing a "Report from the Zaandam" this Fall. :)

I'll be looking forward to that one .... I'd love to do the Grand Transcanal Vancouver to Florida or more likely the reverse one spring ending up at my doorstep...and not have to have that dreadful flight home on last day ...

I'll have to wait until I return home to read your review this fall, as we both leave the same day for different destinations !! LOL

I'm not disciplined enough to write daily while cruising, so have to wade through reams of papers, brochures, dailies, excursion material and the likes (as well as looking several times at my photos) before I can gather up my thoughts upon return to get a review together.

About all I could report while away is "Having a great time...wish you were here.......with a little grin on my face LOL

Dave

I'll have to wait until I return home to read your review this fall, as we both leave the same day for different destinations !! LOL

How long will your cruise to Hawaii be, Dave? 10 - 12 days? Sure wish we could meet up, but I with HAL making the air arrangements, and Christopher not being able to get off early, it's just not going to be possible.

How long will your cruise to Hawaii be, Dave? 10 - 12 days? Sure wish we could meet up, but I with HAL making the air arrangements, and Christopher not being able to get off early, it's just not going to be possible.

We'll be cruising for 11 nights (5 1/2 full sea days) and then staying in Waikiki for a few days afterward before flying back home.

It's too bad we can't meet up ... next time! Perhaps another Alaska next summer? :)

You'll be leaving from the nice part of town on the Zaandam at Canada Place, while we'll be over at the old Ballantyne Pier on the "other" side of town ...

We have a neighbour who has done that transcanal from here a couple of times and she just loves it. You'll also find that many of the people getting on in Vancouver are just on little "jaunts" for a few days down to California and then they head over to Reno or Las Vegas for some gambling. A new bunch of people will get on in San Diego as well. (at least that's what happened when we did the 18 day Statendam from Vancouver to San Diego to Circle Hawaii in 2002)

Dave

Dave

It's too bad we can't meet up ... next time! Perhaps another Alaska next summer?

Chris can't next summer ... not and make the 14 day cruise on the Veendam in Nov/Dec 2005. :)

However ... I've given thought to making an Alaska Cruise on my own or with a different friend. So ... who knows? Wanna join me on one? :)

Wow-- when I posted the poll originally I had no idea or intention that it would cause any friction. I actually figured it would just elicit voting and there wouldn't even be any written responses. Was I ever wrong !! LOL

(my emphasis)

You can't be serious . . . . . . LOL :D

However ... I've given thought to making an Alaska Cruise on my own or with a different friend. So ... who knows? Wanna join me on one? :)

Sounds great to me ! Imagine the length of the cruise review and amount of pictures we'd end up with if you and I both went together !! LOL

You can't be serious ...... LOL

Yes, Gary -- you're right of course, I don't know what the helk I was thinking of when I said that.............I must give my head a shake ! :) LOL

Dave

OT (heh heh), but revneal, you will LOVE the Zaandam! I thought it was one of the most beautiful ships I've ever been on, and the size is just perfect for me. I did the Western, though, so your Transcanal experience will probably be quite different! Lucky guy.....picture me sticking my tongue out at you, OK? :)

...you will LOVE the Zaandam! I thought it was one of the most beautiful ships I've ever been on, and the size is just perfect for me.

I love her sister-ship, the Volendam. I've been aboard her several times, both as a passenger and as a Chaplain. I LOVE the midships elevators, etc. Lovely vessel. So, I'm sure the Zaandam will be lovely too.

I did the Western, though, so your Transcanal experience will probably be quite different! Lucky guy.....picture me sticking my tongue out at you, OK?

LOL ... sure thing. Why don't you join us? There's still plenty of vacancy on the cruise! 2 months, 18 days. :)

Well, OK, then! Let me just e-mail you my bank account number so you can do a wire transfer! Then, please call my supervisor and do your reverendly best to explain why I need to take two weeks off from work! (Call it a "retreat"). Sigh. DD's upcoming wedding is now in the "nickle-and-dime" stage, and as much as I love her, I'm starting to dread the phone calls! I TOLD her to go to Vegas or send in an application to the "Today" show, but no. She wants the works. The only place I'm going anytime soon is to WalMart for fake flowers and a pair of pantyhose. Sigh.

OK Everyone,

I've just had to remove about a dozen posts on this thread because the personal attacks were getting out of hand.

Can we all try to be on our best behavior at the moment, at least until Walt comes back from his vacation? I usually let him deal with all the difficult stuff ;) .

But seriously, let's remember that we're all here for a common reason; that we enjoy cruising. There's no need to descend into the black hole of personal attacks.

How did there get to be two versions of this thread on this board ...

Perhaps when Host Doug was "adjusting" post last night, something else might have occurred ??? Only an idea ...

revneal, the wedding is on Aug. 7, and we did a switcheroo...groom's family is doing the wedding, and bride's Mama is doing the dress and the Honeymoon. The thing is, they have NO idea where they're going on their Honeymoon, and the surprise will be announced at the Rehearsal Dinner. They THINK (because I've sent out a lot of false information) they're going on a Carnival Mexican Riviera cruise. They're pretending to be "excited". I must admit I've had a lot of fun planning this!

How did there get to be two versions of this thread on this board ... one with the war removed (this one) and the original copy?
I haven't the faintest idea but the original one is now gone. Or at least I hope it is.

At any rate hopefully this thread can get back on track now.

Archived