Do any of the Sting Ray City Tours leave from the pier close to the cruise ships?

funhouse8

We are trying to decide between Capt. Bryans and Native Way 1/2 day private tours. They both look great. My question is Do you have to take a bus to the dock for both these tour companies? How do I figure out the island time vs. boat time. We are sailing RCCL. I know Native way gives you refreshments does Capt. Bryans? Thanks Gina

Just be on one of the first tenders. All of the excursions companies are aware of when the ships are in port. Keep your wristwatch to ship time and you will be ok.

We have used Soto's for 2 stingray city trips. You meet them in a parking lot a short walk from the pier. They will give you directions. I like the time of their excursions. Just 2 - 2 1/2 hours and still time for some shopping.

The stingrays are located on the opposite side of the island as the where the tenders unload which means you have to meet up with them at the tender dock and bus to a marina on that side of the island. It is well worth it and all the operators are aware of times ships depart. We were there in June and the island time was 1 hour behind ships time. We were there in late April and it was also 1 hour behind.

Capt. Bryan's/Buccaneer has you meet a short walk from the tender pier, maybe a 4 minute walk...just a few blocks. Then you get on small buses/large vans to the snorkel boat which is about a 15 minute drive. As we were walking to the meeting place for Capt. Bryan's/Buccaneer we saw the gathering place for Nativeway. Its about a maybe a block difference between the two. They also had a bus to take everyone to the snorkel boat.

We enjoyed Capt. Bryan's/Buccaneer. We did the 3 stop excursion and really enjoyed it. The staff on the boat were really great!

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked for 10/9 on Carnival's 5 night out of Tampa!!! WOOHOO. Hate going only for 5 nights, but I'll just have to live with it.

I haven't done much research yet. Can anyone help with the contact info for excursion providers in Caymen? We usually book independent of the ship.

Websites would be very helpful.

Thanks a MILLION

Teflonjeff

We did Capt. Bryan's Stingray tour during our FOS cruise in August. Had a great time. It was an easy walk, and we had no problem finding it. We also purchased the video, and received it via mail a couple weeks after the cruise. Here is a link to the webpage. http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

I'm also inserting here a portion of the confirmation email they sent us giving detailed directions to their office, which I think is an example of the good service we received:

---

The Free Transportation is from the Captain Bryan's Office located a 4 minute walk away from the Port. The office is easily found, please follow these directions:

The office is a very scenic and relaxing four minute / 2 block walk North from the cruise ship dock, please note requested meeting time below.

The reason for your meeting at the office is due to the congestion of traffic, people and not enough parking facilities at the pier. When you come off the pier, take a left and walk along the water front and you will eventually come to a traffic light by Fort St. which you will pass and continue along the water front. You will then see a big yellow building with a red roof which is an "English Bakery". The Office is located behind the English Bakery, there is a large yellow banner in the entrance which reads "Capt. Bryan's Sail & Snorkel Tours".

If unsure once on-shore, please ask any of the many attendants found in Port for Capt. Bryan's Office, they will point you in the right direction. Please keep in mind the Cayman Islands are extremely safe, there are no street vendors or anyone that will approach you for any reason. It is perfectly safe to walk on your own anywhere on the Island.

Please print the map to Capt Bryan's found on

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/CaptBryans_Map.jpg for further reference.

-----

BWY, we found the bakery to be a nice stop to purchase some water and goodies to eat too. Enjoy!!! SMN

I just came back from our cruise and did Capt. Marvin's Tour to Stingray City on 9-14-06. I have posted my review about it here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417557

Capt. Marvin's is a VERY short walk from the dock where the tender will let you off. They will reply to your e-mails or calls. Go to their website for further info here:

http://www.captainmarvins.com/index.htm

Hope you have a great time whomever you choose to use!

We were in GC last week and booked a private charter through grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com . On the web site the it is called the Zodiac Eco Tour. The great thing about a private charter is that you decide where to go and how much time to spend there. Our captian/guide was Neil and he could not have been better. We had a small group of just four...two couples. We went to the Stingray Sandbar, Starfish Point, and Rum Point. Neil was great and he made sure we all got to hold, feed, and touch the rays as much as we wanted. I highly recommend a private charter over the big group tours. We saw boats that had anywhere from 25 to over 100 people on them. You just can't beat the personal attention. Here is a picture of Neil holding a ray for me to feed and a picture of my husband feeding a ray.

1324919271_cc-michellewithray.jpg.9d4ccb8dbc8cef1609982a21e3ee9557.jpg

348643255_cc-Danielfeedingray.jpg.43a3412ac0ff2ee483d1c4a43fdee6c1.jpg

Archived