El Faro

blanquita79

Hey, I'm not sure about a website, but when we were there last fall there was no menu to look at. The waiter told us what they had available that day. The service and prices were great. Enjoy your trip!!:p

• 1 month later...

We had a GREAT time there last week. They did have a menu when we were there and beers were 6 for $10 for Sol, Dos Equis and some other beer I can't remember. I have a card I will look at later tonight to see if there was a web site address. I asked for the card so I could remember their name. I wanted to mention it in my review because we have such great service and an awesome time. They were offering 45 minute massages right there beside the beach bar for $20. Great massage!!!

Tater.....We were probably sitting near you enjoying the beer and complaining about the rain. OH well, at least I got my massage... maybe next time I will get to enjoy the sun too!!!

This was our second stop at El Faro and we have enjoyed both of them. We had great service, great food, and a great time.

Tater.....We were probably sitting near you enjoying the beer and complaining about the rain. OH well, at least I got my massage... maybe next time I will get to enjoy the sun too!!!

This was our second stop at El Faro and we have enjoyed both of them. We had great service, great food, and a great time.

Hey! Were you the larger table kind of in the middle or toward the end? We were the couple sitting closest to the steps on side closest to the beach side (wearing baseball caps because of the rain). Yeah, I wish it could have been sunnier but it still beats work!

Hey...we got there about 1:30, went to the ruins first. We were the SMART group that decided to sit near the water. OK, it we me...anyway we ended up moving near the entrance when it started raining again. My DH did not understand my need to sit near the water rain or no rain!!! But as you stated, it was better than being at work...and the beer seemed to make it even better!!! Alright it looks like ya'll cruise every year.....where to next...never mind...enjoy Hawaii

When you dock you walk into port and there is a very commercialized shopping center with a pool, etc. Go behind this and there will be a booth selling tickets for $3 per person to go to Majahual. It's maybe 5 miles (I'm estimating here). The cab fare back is $2 per person and cabs are easy to get. In fact, El Faro grabbed one for us when we were ready to go.

I have heard that sometimes people are dropped at the beginning of the town but we were somewhere toward the end of the road when dropped off. El Faro is somewhere in the middle. It's just one road of beach bars and vendors. You can ask someone but the name is on the banner if you look as you go down the road. They had four massage tables set up so that will help! However, I think there was another place or two that had the massage tables set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Wen to this bar at Majahual and had a super time. The drinks were strong and good ans the service was great. Three of us did the snorkeling for $15 pp and said it was good. Highly recommend them. My husband wanted some cigars and they brought someone to him.

Archived