Cingular cellphone service on Triumph at sea?

LIFTED-D

Have you really cruised where there are drunk obnoxious people everywhere????? I can say that I've never experienced that :confused: Why would you continue to cruise if there are drunk obnoxious people everywhere???

Of course not, that's an argumentum ad absurdum to try to make a point. You and I both know that.

Unfortunately, the rude peeple make it bad for everyone else. I was at the movie theatre last night, and that happened. Very loud and obnoxiously rude. This is the type of person that would use it at the captains party, shows, etc.! :rolleyes:

I just don't see what the difference between me sitting by you on a deck and having to listen to your conversation with your friend next to you and me sitting there talking on my cell. Talking is talking. And yes, I have encountered several drunk obnoxious people.

To all the other posters who don't seem to get it, no one cares if you use your cell phone IN YOUR CABIN. It's when you're on the balcony next to mine, on the Lido deck, beside the pool, in the restaurant... and if you DON'T think that will happen, like GoinCruisin said, you don't get out much.

So when you are on your balcony, you do not talk to anyone, it is totally quiet? If you are talking, there are at least 2 voices talking (unless talking to yourself.) :) Now you only hear one voice from the person on that phone. How would you know if that person was talking to someone on the phone, or another person on the balcony? Supposed the balcony on the other side of you has several people talking. Are they rude for making noise?

So when you are on your balcony, you do not talk to anyone, it is totally quiet? If you are talking, there are at least 2 voices talking (unless talking to yourself.) :) Now you only hear one voice from the person on that phone. How would you know if that person was talking to someone on the phone, or another person on the balcony? Supposed the balcony on the other side of you has several people talking. Are they rude for making noise?

I TOTALLY agree. I don't really understand why posters keep talking about a difference. i understand that when someone is shouting on the phone like an idiot ("can you hear me now?!?! what?? say again!?") .. but for the mostly normal people who talk in a normal way.. there is no argument. There is simply NO difference between talking in conversation and talking on a phone as long as you are not yelling.

And people have some type of problem with a one sided conversation.. that's kind of strange to be honest with you.

I think it boils down to a stigma against cell phones.. people just have this negative attitude about them.. even in situations they shouldn't.

I TOTALLY agree. I don't really understand why posters keep talking about a difference. i understand that when someone is shouting on the phone like an idiot ("can you hear me now?!?! what?? say again!?") .. but for the mostly normal people who talk in a normal way.. there is no argument. There is simply NO difference between talking in conversation and talking on a phone as long as you are not yelling.

And people have some type of problem with a one sided conversation.. that's kind of strange to be honest with you.

I think it boils down to a stigma against cell phones.. people just have this negative attitude about them.. even in situations they shouldn't.

Like I said, if you haven't experienced it, you are lucky... I have, I know what I speak :D They DO shout like idiots, they DO talk as loud as they can, they DO continue to have the person calling back with their obnoxious puff daddy ring tones because they are dropping the calls, etc. And as I said, my problem is with people in dining rooms, showrooms, etc.... I have NO STIGMA against cell phones :rolleyes: Mine is attached to my ear 24/7, I run a business that requires I have it at all times... but on vacation, my phone takes a vacation too :D I don't have a negative attitude against CELL PHONES... I have a negative attitude against the ignorant people that don't have respect for others when using them ;) There is a difference :D

Like I said, if you haven't experienced it, you are lucky... I have, I know what I speak :D They DO shout like idiots, they DO talk as loud as they can, they DO continue to have the person calling back with their obnoxious puff daddy ring tones because they are dropping the calls, etc. And as I said, my problem is with people in dining rooms, showrooms, etc.... I have NO STIGMA against cell phones :rolleyes: Mine is attached to my ear 24/7, I run a business that requires I have it at all times... but on vacation, my phone takes a vacation too I don't have a negative attitude against CELL PHONES... I have a negative attitude against the ignorant people that don't have respect for others when using them ;) There is a difference :D

Thats so true!!:D

Its like anything else, There are rude people and courteous people.

Girl, you know you are not right! HAHA! :D

LMAO, and there my dumbarse is trying to figure out what song it is, then it gets stuck in my head all day, and then I want to kick someone in the chins!!! :p LOL!!!

Archived