PATH Station - Newart Airpot

bling19572010

What is the name of the PATH station (or whatever transit station, even if not PATH) nearest to the Marriott at Newark Airport—not the Courtyard, but the "regular" Marriott?

Also, can someone tell me how to get from the Marriott at Newark Airport to catch a ferry to the Statute of Liberty?

The Path leaves out of Newark's Penn Station. Unfortunately it doesn't tie in directly with the Train at the airport. You take that train to a station catch a jersey transit train to Manhattan or change again at Newark Penn Station for the PATH. I know you can catch a light rail train to Liberty park to catch the Ferry from NJ I am just not sure where it is, I would ask the front desk at the hotel if their shuttle will take you to Newark Penn Station or to the Ferry to the Statue of Liberty...or which train to take...good question! something new.

The National Park Service has a web site which includes information on transportation to Liberty State Park (and Statue of Liberty ferries) from Newark.

The web site is http://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/publictransportation.htm

The directions seem a bit complicated. You may be better off renting a car or hiring a car service rather than spending too much of your time in transit.

JMAT -- if you think the transit system is confusing, don't try driving. Save your sanity & take cabs.

If you are staying at the AP Marriott, the one on the grounds, you can take a taxi to downtown Newark / Path station. NB Newark AP is actually in Elizabeth NJ, not Newark. The Marriott may also offer some type of shuttle; ask the concierge.

You can also walk back across the parking lot for the AP to a terminal & take either a light rail to Newark or the Airlink Shuttle.

JMAT -- if you think the transit system is confusing, don't try driving. Save your sanity & take cabs.

If you are staying at the AP Marriott, the one on the grounds, you can take a taxi to downtown Newark / Path station. NB Newark AP is actually in Elizabeth NJ, not Newark. The Marriott may also offer some type of shuttle; ask the concierge.

You can also walk back across the parking lot for the AP to a terminal & take either a light rail to Newark or the Airlink Shuttle.

Thanks Trish1....I'll check into the shuttle!

Archived