Dolphin encounters

Do any of you know where is the best place to make a reservation for a dolphin encounter in the Bahamas (Nassau). Royal Caribbean sells shore excursions, but I heard you can get it cheaper if you book directly through the site, and there'll be less people too.

Anybody done it before?

my 12 yr old daughter did dolphin discovery for 99.00 and got to have a belly ride and about 45 minutes of interaction with the dolphions in Cozumel.

My older daughter wants to do dolphin encounter and it is 165.00 pp through the company, not the ship for nassau direct with the dolphin tour company. http://www.dolphinencounters.com

Hope that helps some

You can book a dolphin "encounter" through the ship--but to do the dolphin "swim," you have to book directly through the company, Dolphin Encounters. I think it was $165 p/p for the swim and $85 for the encounter. The difference in the two is detailed on the Dolphin Encounters website. Either program is fantastic--just depends on how much you want to spend and how much contact you want with the animals. We did the swim--it was fantastic and worth every penny! They conduct their program at Blue Lagoon, and was incredibly beautiful.

Have a great time!

Hi! Great choice (dolphin swim)! It was absolutely the highlight on 2 of my former cruises.

I always book all of our excursions at home offline...not on the ships. I booked thru Shoretrips.com and had absolutely no trouble either time. They were more reasonable than the ship and it was very good service. I'm not sure about the bahamas because ours was located in Cozumel but they have many choices...it won't hurt to check.

The dolphin swim I have done twice. Once with my boys when they were 8 and 11 and then my new hubby last year....I will never forget it. It was so worth the money to us....:)

have a great time,

Esmerelda

Archived