Majesty Question - GTY Cabins

heelfan94

I'm sailing for the second time on the Majesty this winter. The first time it was just 2 of us, and we had an Oceanview Room. Very small, but it worked out fine. This time our 2 kids will be with us, so we booked an AB Suite. I wanted the Owner's Suite but it only sleeps 3 people apparently.

Okay, now to my question. I keep checking the price on the AB's to make sure it hasn't gone down. It hasn't gone down at all, and it seems all the AB Suites are booked. I assume that is so because when I go online and act like I'm booking the cruise again, it only shows a GTY instead of actual cabin numbers. If the AA Suite doesn't hold 4 people, how do they sell the Guarantee cabin? There's no category to move up to from there. Are they assuming not all people who booked an AB are going to follow through? I'm mostly curious but it also concerns me that NCL would let a family book that category and would possibly be in a lower level.

That's why I was asking, Shoreguy. I tried through other outlets, and also directly on NCL's site. NCL also offered the GTY cabin for 4 people. I guess they could offer a couple the Owner's Suite, then put the GTY family in their AB. I also guess this is all why I'm a passenger and they're in charge. ;)

That's why I was asking, Shoreguy. I tried through other outlets, and also directly on NCL's site. NCL also offered the GTY cabin for 4 people. I guess they could offer a couple the Owner's Suite, then put the GTY family in their AB. I also guess this is all why I'm a passenger and they're in charge. ;)

Simple answer GTY does not equal upgrade - in many cases you get what you booked with no choice of cabin but perhaps a better price. With 4 passengers you are in fact GTY an AB ;)

I get that part of it, shoreguy. I guess I was thinking what if there were no AB's left, only 2 AA's to upgrade other people to, then what? I'm a mom. I worry. :rolleyes:

Not to worry I am sure not every gty booking is 4 people in fact my bet most are only 2 :) Enjoy your cruise and the AB;)

Have you checked the online pre registration - I bet you have a cabin assigned already. That will not change.

I think you're right, shoreguy.:)

And I'm glad there are other moms out there to sympathize. ;)

Just to clarify, we are already in a specific AB cabin on this cruise. I was just curious as to why NCL would let us book a GTY when there might not be one available. That's what my question was about. I understand that couples could be upgraded to AA cabins, and that's probably what would happen. I don't think I completely understand this process. We're learning as we go.

We're sailing in December, shoreguy! It's an early Christmas present from Santa. :)

I'm afraid the small ones got a rather good taste of life in a Penthouse on the Sun last winter. Also, I didn't realize until recently that they are now Latitudes members and will be able to count these cruises toward their status. I had assumed since they had a reduced fare that they wouldn't count. They'll already be seasoned cruisers by age 18. ;)

We're sailing in December, shoreguy! It's an early Christmas present from Santa. :)

I'm afraid the small ones got a rather good taste of life in a Penthouse on the Sun last winter. Also, I didn't realize until recently that they are now Latitudes members and will be able to count these cruises toward their status. I had assumed since they had a reduced fare that they wouldn't count. They'll already be seasoned cruisers by age 18. ;)

December 16 to be exact - the only week offering a GTY rate on ABs. Every other week as plenty of open ABs except the 23rd with one.

I did put in 4 passengers and it did offer me a GTY - something new ;)

Archived