Spirit 10/9 balcony GTY stateroom assignment

bobbygirl

We're sailing from NYC in 12 days (September 10), and haven't received our e-tickets nor our stateroom assignments.

If I go through the booking process on the NCL site, there seems to be many available staterooms left on the ship.

Will this affect the assignment date? Are they waiting for the ship to fill up before they send out our tickets? How late can they wait?

Thx for your replies!

The easiest way to see if a cabin has been assigned to you yet is to go to the online area at ncl.com where it says, "booked guests register here" and go to the regiser on line area and fill in your reservation number and names, the second page that comes up will either have a cabin number or say, "gty".

http://ncl.com/more/prepare_cruise.htm

or maybe

https://nclires1.mis.ncl.com/NCL_AGR/NCLServlet

Done that! Still GTY! ;)

Another detail of my saga: I booked last Monday (August 21) - a last-minute cruise getaway. Will this make a difference?

As long as you have registered online, and can see your reservation on the website then you really don't need a paper ticket to get on the ship. Your name will be on the manifest when you check in, and the porters will have luggage tags for you at the pier.

Can't hurt to talk to your TA and let them find out where your tickets are and when you should expect them. I booked (directly with NCL) about 3 weeks out for our last 7/1 DAWN cruise, and the tickets were sent FED-EX within a week. If you went through a TA then tickets normally go to their office first and then are re-routed to you, and more often tend to be e-docs.

We partially paid with our RBC miles and so had to go through their TA. This was a drag, because I couldn't apply them to the great deal that I'd found with an online TA. I guess I'll give them until Friday, and if nothing I'll call them and see what's up.

Thanks for the info.

Archived