Camp Carnival ?

PJBUCHEIT

Are they very strict about keeping the ages difference separate in Camp Carnival? Our son is 14 and daughter 15. They pale around with each other. Was just wondering if they would be able to hang out with each other there.

I've heard different experiences from other cruise critic members with some of their experience depending upon the number of kids on board.

We've been on 2 carnival cruise ships in January & December when there haven't been a lot of kids and camp carnival was strict with the age groups.

On my DD's first cruise at age 5, she was scared to go by herself and we had hoped my 11 yr. old niece could spend a little time in her room (or vice versa) until she become comfortable - no such luck. :( We didn't even try with the second cruise. We actually found that she was so busy playing in the pool and going into port with us that we didn't really use camp carnival.

Hope this helps. Maybe it depends upon the counselors but that has been our experience.

We just got off the Victory this morning. Talk about tons of kids! LOL. We've also gone on "off" times, when there have been few children.

In either case, it has been our experience that Carnival is very strict about it's minimum age requirements. They assign the children based upon how old the child is on the date of embarkation, using the passport or birth certificate.

I have read here that children have sometimes gone down an age group, but I have no experience with that.

Enjoy your cruise!

As I've posted before on this topic, I just walked my 2 boys (8 & 9) into the 9-11 year old room and told the counselors that my youngest was 9. The counselors didn't even bat an eye.

We were on a post Thanksgiving cruise and there were only about 10 kids in that age group on the cruise total. Maybe we got lucky...I don't know.

Archived