Coffee Maker in Room???

stebar

Hi All !!

My husband & I are leaving on the Legend in a few days. Can someone please tell me if there is a coffee maker in the room? I want to know if I should bring my own coffee or not.

Thanks for the help.

Barbara

Hi All !!

My husband & I are leaving on the Legend in a few days. Can someone please tell me if there is a coffee maker in the room? I want to know if I should bring my own coffee or not.

Thanks for the help.

Barbara

It is one of the things room service does well, call it's free, it comes fast, tip a buck - done!!!

No coffeemakers in the cabins. However, it can be ordered 24 hrs. a day from room service, and they are very quick! I've never waited over 5-6 minutes for my coffee and croissant.

You can also use the door hanger order card. You put it on your door before going to bed, and your order with be delivered within a 30 minute time frame. Easier and quicker just to call when you wake up!

The coffee is delivered in a carafe that holds about 3-4 cups. If you want extra sugar, creamer, etc. be sure and say 'extra'. (Tip the delivery person $1.):)

No coffeemaker in the cabins, but a quick call to room service right when you wake up will bring you a pot (or as many pots as you wish) of coffee delivered to your door. :) Don't forget to ask for cream and sugar if you want it.

You can also leave the order card on your doorknob outside your cabin door the night before, and specify a time for coffee delivery (and other continental breakfast items if you wish). They will deliver it to you at the time you ask.

edited to add: oops! I see Cotton was posting almost the same thing I was at the same time. hee hee.

Hi All !!

Thanks for the help.

Barbara

Altho' you can get coffee any time (even run to the Windjammer and get it), I missed my Tim Horton's so much, I'm taking a coffee maker and coffee on the next cruise....:D:D

Fran in Toronto

The coffee in the Dining Room and the Grill were ok, tasted a little over roasted for my taste. The coffee room service borught in the morning tasted pretty bad.. was obviously instant and bad instant at that. My suggestion.. just take a travel mug, go to the grill and pour up a big one in the mornings. the Dining Room and Grill coffees were atleast drinkable.

Being from N.O., I like my coffee strong, black, and preferably w/chicory.

However, I don't mind the coffee on Carnival at all. Not what I would brew, but it's coffee. (And it's definitely NOT instant!) I can drink almost anything except instant, and I can handle anything for a few days. Doesn't make or break my cruise, that's for sure.:)

Being from N.O., I like my coffee strong, black, and preferably w/chicory.

Just like you get at Cafe Du Monde?? Cafe Au Lait is my favorite.

With the anniversary of the storm being today I thought about you and 2Ports. I hope you have a good day. :)

Coffee is not instant - but the room service coffee was a little lacking. I just loaded it with cream and sugar and it was palitable (considering you didn't have to get out of bed except to open the door). Dining room coffee was always better for some reason. Seems like something that should be pretty easy to standardize. Not sure what they do differently. We partook in the espresso/cappachino a few days as well. Gave a little variety in the morning.

The coffee in the Dining Room and the Grill were ok, tasted a little over roasted for my taste. The coffee room service borught in the morning tasted pretty bad.. was obviously instant and bad instant at that. My suggestion.. just take a travel mug, go to the grill and pour up a big one in the mornings. the Dining Room and Grill coffees were atleast drinkable.

I experienced the opposite. The room service coffee tasted gourmet to me and the buffett coffee tasted like :eek:

I am a firm believer in the fact that coffee will never be the same in any one location or another. I have had good coffee in the dining room, I have also had lousy coffee in the dining room. Same for the buffet. It's a crap shoot.

I love my coffee after dinner. If it's good, I'll have 2, if not, I stop at the buffet and see how that is.

I think the odds of getting good or bad coffee are about even.

As mentioned earlier, bring a thermos mug, especially for the morning brew. Those little cups just don't do it.

3 days...

vincenzo:)

Have a drink for me as you sail away!

I wish I could do that, but if I did that for everyone that asked me to, I would look something like this after the first 10 minutes:

p-sponge.jpg

After 20 minutes:

sponge-sm.jpg

and finally,

spongebob-pictures.jpg

I hope you understand...

vincenzo:)

Yep, I keep both CdM and Community well stocked in my pantry.:D

With the anniversary of the storm being today I thought about you and 2Ports. I hope you have a good day. :)

Thx, dear. Hasn't been an easy day. I haven't had the TV on at all today. I drove to my empty lot on the beach this afternoon, and sat on my lawn for awhile. I shouldn't have. (I talked with Laura Bush in Biloxi yesterday. It was good to have them here again.) Yes, this is a sad day of remembrance.

Been up and down all day :( - away from home, just like a year ago. But thinking about our cruise in October has sure helped - spent more time on CC today than looking at TV or the papers. Don't need them to help me remember, just look out the front door.

To the OP - I, like many, find the coffee on most (ok all) cruise ships nearly undrinkable (sorry Cotton)(do love the Cafe Du Monde, though - was there a few years ago when they had one of their inumerable grease fires - closed 'em down for a week minutes after we left) so I bought a Cuisinart 4 cup compact coffee maker with a stainless steel carafe - about $30 at Amazon - google it - and have freshly brewed coffee I can drink at whatever time I want to get up. Can hardly wait for my first cup on my first balcony!:D :D :D

Yep, I keep both CdM and Community well stocked in my pantry.:D

Thx, dear. Hasn't been an easy day. I haven't had the TV on at all today. I drove to my empty lot on the beach this afternoon, and sat on my lawn for awhile. I shouldn't have. (I talked with Laura Bush in Biloxi yesterday. It was good to have them here again.) Yes, this is a sad day of remembrance.

My thoughts also are with you and all of those who have suffered such devastation. I have a cousin who lived in Buloxi for over 20 years-she and her family decided to move from there last June to Tennessee to be closer to aging parents. Talk about timing! I also have relatives in Tampa and Fort Lauderdale. They were lucky-only sustained minor damage with the storms that rampaged through there, but had neighbors that lost everything.

I also can tolerate bad coffee for a few days, since I use a lot of cream. Never have had the room service coffee-didn't think it would be different! Will find out in February, I guess! I'm curious about coffee with chicory in it-I used to grow a lot of herbs, so I know that this is historically a substitute for coffee, but I've mostly experimented with tea. Is it still common to drink coffee with chicory in it? I've not seen it around here.

I'm curious about coffee with chicory in it-I used to grow a lot of herbs, so I know that this is historically a substitute for coffee, but I've mostly experimented with tea. Is it still common to drink coffee with chicory in it? I've not seen it around here.

Thx, we all appreciate all the kind thoughts.

About the chicory...Most all us New Orleanians drink coffee w/chicory - goes back a long, long time when coffee beans weren't available. The two brands I keep on hand are Cafe duMonde (CDM) and Community. Wonderful! Very strong flavor, and a bit 'thicker' than most coffees. My MIL makes hers so strong, you can almost stand a spoon up in it!:D Coincidently, I have a good friend in Wisconsin - I gave her the website of Community Coffee, and she orders from them all the time. They make a "New Orleans Blend" that has some chicory, but not too-too strong.

Thx, we all appreciate all the kind thoughts.

About the chicory...Most all us New Orleanians drink coffee w/chicory - goes back a long, long time when coffee beans weren't available. The two brands I keep on hand are Cafe duMonde (CDM) and Community. Wonderful! Very strong flavor, and a bit 'thicker' than most coffees. My MIL makes hers so strong, you can almost stand a spoon up in it!:D Coincidently, I have a good friend in Wisconsin - I gave her the website of Community Coffee, and she orders from them all the time. They make a "New Orleans Blend" that has some chicory, but not too-too strong.

I'll have to check it out! Love to try new things (as long as it's not seafood :eek: -never could get past the smell! I know-"WHAT? And she CRUISES?) Never heard of those brands.

I know what you mean about "thick" coffee! My sister makes it the same way! When I stay at her house, I try to get up early enough to beat her to the coffee pot! Even my BIL says that's why he gave up coffee! :p

Where in Wisconsin? I have family (mostly in-laws) all over that durn state!:p

Cotton and 2Ports- Most of my relatives are from the Milwaukee area, but seem to be scattered all over the state now. I grew up in the UP of Michigan, but now live in Wausau. My sister is in Antigo, and I have one daughter in Milwaukee, one in a tiny berg called Richland Center (not far from Madison). Other relatives in areas too numerous to mention! And yes, still some in Michigan!:D

Archived