Owners Suite on the Dream?

Frank Burns

We're booked on the Dream 10/7/06 and were offered an upsell through our travel agent to an Owners Suite. We've never had more than a balcony room on previous cruises, and would like to know what advantages we could expect from having an owners suite besides the obvious extra room. Is the butler service optional and extra or included? Would we be required to pay extra for that service? We are traveling with our two children 11 & 14. Any information would be appreciated. Has anyone been booked on the dream in an owners suite latelyl?;)

NCL site says it can accommodate up to a 5th person so no its not just for 2 people.

Frank I think you the butler service and concierge come with the OS but of course you will want to tip them extra for their assistance ;)

We stayed in the Owner's Suite on the Dream on the Baltic itinerary. Let me say we enjoyed the ports and the ship and overall would do it again. The room is lovely and spacious and has a nice balcony and sitting area which is separate from the bedroom. We enjoyed the space and the extra goodies like hors d'oeuvres and champagne and the butler who did his best to keep us happy.

HOWEVER, there was one very big problem with the room that would make us never take an Owner's Suite again. At least not the one we had- which was 1100. The noise above us was horrendous to say the least. The pool deck is right above the room and there were a large number of teenagers on the cruise. They were on that deck until 3 am almost every evening and running above us and jumping in the hot tubs. We virtually go NO sleep the entire trip. We called the concierge and hotel manager to complain and they "shut down" the hot tubs above us, but that didn't keep the kids out. They posted a security guard but it still kept up. The guard couldn't be everywhere and the teenagers got around him. Also, there is a pump (or something that sounds like it) right at the head of the bed that goes on and off all day and night long and it is like a very loud thumping. Friends were having drinks in our suite about 5 pm when the running went on and they were appalled at the noise. It made for a challenging trip.

The concierge ended up giving us a key to another room just so we could get some sleep. But, we paid for the owner's suite.

I cannot say that the other owner's suites will be that way, but I can say I would NEVER book 1100 again.

We did enjoy the rest of the cruise and freestyle very much. I'd Suggest a nice balcony or oceanview room not under the pool.

Archived