Golf on The Miracle

GolfCruiser

Hi all,

I am cruising on the Miracle in a couple of weeks and am wondering about the quality of the Golf Professional and lessons onboard the ship. I read some questionable things about the golf pro, but the reviews were very old (say 8 months). I know that probably means there is a new person.

Has anybody played golf onboard lately? What was their experience? And how are the courses?

GolfCruiser

We were on Victory last spring, so my feelings are based on that. I assume the setup--but not the pro--will be very similar. I did not take the lessons but my DD and DH did.

It is virtual golf, you use real clubs and hit into a screen. They bought a package of three lessons (half-hour each) for about $100 (I think). My DD (age 14 at the time) took two lessons and then entered the par-3 closest to the pin contest. SHE WON! Beat about 50 men by getting six feet from the pin. The prize was a shore excursion, but since we had something booked for that port, the pro let her use it for another lesson. She learned a lot and has taken about 15 strokes off her nine-hole game.

I've tried to convince her that golf pro on a ship could be a pretty cool career but she still wants to be a medical examiner (too much CSI!).

I think someone should invent a golf ball that you can hit off the back of the ship and the salt water makes it disolve into fish food:D

Sounds like a brilliant idea! I almost feel like I've seen it in the movies....not sure they are allowed to do it though...!!! (Bummer!)

All I can find out is that the golf pro on the Miracle is female. Nothing about the quality or anything. Well, maybe someone else will know!

Or better yet, Maybe I'll win a free excursion!

Archived