Spirit Cruise Director?

VampyBuff

I had read lots of negative things about Julie prior to sailing last week, but I thought she was really nice and seemed to appear everywhere, and take part in LOTS of activities. She was really good with my daughter and other kids, and I found her caring and genuine. She is NOT the "rah-rah Club Med -c'mon, get up and join in" type, but I don't like being pushed into things. Perhaps her more low key manner is interpreted as a negative??

Cindy

Just like Cindy I was on last weeks cruise and Julie seemed ok to me. She was definitely better than her assistant John. It was funny she even made a comment about her getting Captain Stubing. Everytime she made an announcement I would laugh because all I could think about was the Love Boat. She was every where and did alot. I even asked my Husband if he thought she ever slept.;)

I agree with Cindy and Mush. Julie was very friendly, especially to families. I agree I don't think she slept, we saw her everywhere. She even gave my daughter a backstage tour the last night. We liked her a lot and like Cindy said I could do without the manic energy of some of the CD's.

Liz

She was great. All over the place. Just one step below Colin and that's a big compliment.

As far as John ,the assistant, I'm sick of hearing him say, "so and so is in the house". Every sentence from him had the words "in the house". Whether he was live or on tv.

Julie's staff was great. Tyrone, etc. Great dancers too. Fusion Wave was the best live band that I ever hear on a cruise ship.

Phil

Well, for us children of the 1970s, to quote the infamous Bobby Sherman below (remember him?)

Whoa-oh

Julie, Julie, Julie, do ya love me?

Julie, Julie, Julie, do ya care?

Julie, Julie, are ya thinkin' of me?

Julie, Julie, will ya still be there?

:D :D :D

B00005MKD0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Julie is actually the reason I booked a second cruise on the Spirit. I find her style far more helpful-and genuine-then the typical camp director style (camp councelors who become adult camp councelors on board a ship). She is certainly the hardest working person on the ship-and NCL has no slouches so that's saying a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing her again on my sailing on Saturday.

Julie is actually the reason I booked a second cruise on the Spirit. I find her style far more helpful-and genuine-then the typical camp director style (camp councelors who become adult camp councelors on board a ship). She is certainly the hardest working person on the ship-and NCL has no slouches so that's saying a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing her again on my sailing on Saturday.

She is good people - she was working in the Kids club on the Star, then an assisitant cruise director on the Dawn when I first cruised on the Dawn in Feb. 2003. In July 2003 when I was on the Dawn again she got her first shot as acting CD during a change over of CDs. She will always be my favorite as she drew the winning ball for final jackpot bingo and I won the only game I ever played.

She will not remember me but please say hello.

Archived