Pictures From Hawaii

wam957

Hi All,

What a crazy summer we've had. I am finally getting around to posting some pictures from our trip to Hawaii aboard the Pride of Aloha.

http://picasaweb.google.com/meyer.bill/HawaiiJuly2006

We had a great time and would be happy to give anyone our perspective on the cruise as first time cruisers and first timers to Hawaii.

Bill Meyer

meyer.bill@gmail.com

Monte,

I checked out your Jewel pics. I really enjoyed them - they brought back good memories. We did the same itinerary but had to skip GSC because of high waves and ended up in Nassau. Hopefully we'll get there in September.

Thanks. we really enjoyed that cruise (and ship) as well. Missing a port is always a good excuse to go back and do a cruise again.

-Monte

Your picture of Rainbow Falls is making me rethink my excursions. I was going to do VNP without Rainbow Falls, but having seen your photo, we are planning on including it now.

I loved your pictures of the Napali Coast. Incredible!

Thanks for sharing.

Tina :)

POH 3/07

Thanks for the photos!!! They are great. We will be on POAL in Oct. Tell me what you thought about the ship and the service aboard the ship. Has the service improved any?? I heard that the service was really slow in the dining rooms.

Thanks for the photos!!! They are great. We will be on POAL in Oct. Tell me what you thought about the ship and the service aboard the ship. Has the service improved any?? I heard that the service was really slow in the dining rooms.

My wife and I had a great time. We had no problems whatsoever with our cabin service. We ordered room service for breakfast several days and it was delivered on time and delicious. (Contental breakfast, beverages and fruit is available on the regular room service menu).

The buffet was spotty. Great for breakfast and lunch. Dinner at the buffet was not so great. The cook-out on deck was great as well. We didn't have the complaints others had with the regular dining rooms. We got there before 6 or if later and there was a line, we got a buzzer, went to see what was happening with the shows, or took in the sunset on deck 6. I didn't really get people's problem with the "slow" service. We had a leisurely dinner and they always got us out in time for the activity we were interested in. As far as the food was concerned, it was very good. We ordered as much as we wanted. One lobster night we ordered a steak and had surf and turf. We ordered a pasta sometimes to share with our entrees. Just ask for what you want and you will get it.

The shows and games, etc. were on the light side, but fine. We did Karaoke and the Newlywed game. The Hawaiin activities were cool. The did hula lesson, which we did not do and put on a hula show with the students toward the end of the cruise. They made different kinds of leis and had other cool stuff to do. The Napali Coast and Lava viewing were really cool. Our Hawaiin Ambassador was really great and narrates while you are viewing, telling stories and chanting in Hawaiin.

The ports were great of course. We did the Pearl Habor tour offered by the ship on the way from the hotel to the ship. We did the excursion to the City of Refuge in Kona and we did the Rainbow Falls, Garden, Mona Lau Nut Factory and Volcano National Park Tour in Hilo. The tour guide we had in Hilo was fantastic. We rented snorkle gear form Snorkle Bobs in Kauai and returned it in Lahaina in Maui. We also rented a car in Kaui and in Maui. In addition to being on our own in Maui and Kaui I snorkeled in the Kona Harbor right next to the docks. It was the best snorkeling of the trip. We also made our own arrangements to go to the Old Lahaina Lua--fantastic.

So, this is the overview and my opinion. We aren't fussy and are raising four teenagers, so maybe our opinions are clouded by the temporary insanity brought on by this stage in our life.

Bill Meyer

We are going on the Sun, Sept, 07, after seeing your pictures I am so excited!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!! What was your favorite part of Hawaii? Did you rent cars to see all that you did?

We loved Kauai and our first night in Honolulu was great. The best part for me was the snorkeling which we did on three of the four islands.

We rented a car in Kauai and Maui. We used Thrifty and it was great. We did excrusions in Honolulu and The Big Island.

Bill

Thanks for great pictures!The ones of Waimea Canyon are the best I've seen!:D Just a quick question about the surf/turf pictures. Were they from lobster nighr or were they from Cagney's or some other on-board restaurant?

The surf and turf was from Lobster Night. My wife and I both ordered the Lobster and and then ordered an extra entree of steak which we split. Don't be shy about ordering extra stuff off the menu.

Bill

The surf and turf was from Lobster Night. My wife and I both ordered the Lobster and and then ordered an extra entree of steak which we split. Don't be shy about ordering extra stuff off the menu.

Bill

Thanks! They both look good! This is the first I've seen of what lobster night actually looks like.:D

Bill,

Your pictures are just wonderful. It makes me check the calender yet again to see how many days before we leave. We are cruising on the Pride of America in November for my 50th birthday. We will actually be in Kona on that "special" :p day. Hearing that you celebrated your anniversay and I am celebrating a birthday makes me wonder how many people go to Hawaii for such special occasions. I hope my pictures come out as nice as yours. Thanks so much for posting them. Marie

Archived