Help please Arcadia v Aurora. Which do you prefer and why please?

Kerry & Danny

Please Please I need your help..........I have chosen 2 cruises and cannot decide which one, one is on the Arcadia one on the Aurora. What I think I have found out is:

Arcadia

Plus no children

Minus no Atrium and looks very brown and not very plush

Aurora

Plus looks more luxurious, has a atrium

minus Children.

Now before I upset anyone I do like children, but I do not have any children and recently went on the Sea Princess, and found some, I emphasise some children a pain.

Would love to hear if you have travelled on either, your opinions, and if my finding are right......

Arcadia is much more modern, tasteful and sophisticated, Aurora is more traditional, older looking (slightly dated) and slightly more garish. The Atrium is of little consequence really....Arcadia DOES have one ...not as magnificent and brash as Oceana's, Aurora's isn't as spectcular either.

If the cruises don't enable you to make a choice, perhaps the cabins can. Arcadia's balcony cabins are far superior, but the suites on Aurora are better....but without the fab aft balconies.

Given a choice I would opt for Arcadia, but I wouldn't turn either down.

I would say Arcadia too! As Gill says, the deciding factor can't be the antrim!. And Arcadia does have one...sort of! The big plus for us was NO CHILDREN and the fact that Arcadia is only a year old, with modern art, lovely clean new cabins, and the balcony cabins are really nice. Just imagine sitting round the pool on a sea day relaxing with a cocktail in peace.... !

I am going to try Aurora in December, but child free is a definate plus for me, esp in the summer months, so my main cruise next June to the Med is back on Arcadia.

Sue

Archived