JR SUITE-AFT on NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS

We have the opportunity to secure Cabin 1694 a Junior Suite which has a Balcony on The Aft of the ship.Has anyone experienced sailing with this kind of accomendation and what are your feelings about it?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

....have pics you can post?

Terri and Max! You have to let me know! I'm in 1694 (Mariner) on the 12/12/04 sailing. This is my first "aft" experience.

Chloe certainly recommends it highly! Only concerns: noise from above(although I have never before heard any noise from above on any cruise I've been on); noise from the next cabin as a result of the connecting door (I've never been in a connecting cabin before).

And two questions: 1) how big is the balcony? Do you get a lounge chair, or just the regular chairs as on the side balconies?; 2) I know there is a tub, is there a shower also? I got two different answers from RCI personnel on this question. (I guess that's really 3 questions.....sorry.)

Thanks for any and all replies! Happy cruising, everyone!!

ETA: Thanks for the photo link, Michelle. I think my balcony questions have been answered!

2nd ETA: And, Chloe just answered the noise question in another post. (I swear I looked through 20 pages of posts for info on this cabin before posting my questions!)

OK, folks, what's the deal with the tub/shower?

Yep, that is the only cabin we book. Just on it on NOS last week. No Noise at all from above. More storage than I needed for a family of 4.

Has 2 Lounge chairs, 2 standard chairs, one chair with attached foot rest, small drink table, and we then requested they bring a large round table out to the balcony, so it may still be there. With all that furniture still was not crowded. My guesstimate is that the balcony is about 10x12.

Had nice shampo, conditioner, lotion, lip balm and buff in bathroom with close to standard size tub and with shower.

Randy is the stateroom attendant. Quiet, did not see him much. But he was sure to say hello to our baby Kole when he did see him.

Asked for two ice bucket and he did keep them full. Have fun in "my cabin"

I recently also had my first 'aft' experience in May on Mariner of the

Seas. We were in cabin 1692 that interconnects with 1694. Spent some time in cabin 1694 as we sailed with Chloe Girl and do agree that there was no noise from above even though the Windjammer was located above us. We had good neighbours and did not hear any noise through the interconnecting cabin either.

Also was surprised at how little motion we felt on the aft as this is also a concern of people. Was not a problem for DH and I

The interconnecting door was located about mid cabin just past the head of

the bed in cabin 1694.

1694 is indeed an excellent choice as was our cabin 1692.

Have a great time on Mariner...we did :)

Emmy

Archived