When is it too late to upgrade?

shhhhh

If we have booked a guaranteed room, but are now wishing to upgrade, can we just pay the additional amount and do this? We don't leave for four weeks. Has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks!

I believe first I would check and see what room you have been assigned. Most assignments should have been made by now. But to answer your question, yes you can pay the difference to upgrade if there is a room available. Keep in mind that on some cruises, the rates have gone way up the closer you get to sailing and on others it has gone down.

On our cruise we are leaving on in two weeks, the price dropped to the point that I went from an IS GTY to an OV GTY and still got $20 back. We ended up with a two Cat upgrade when our room was assigned.

Dave

I just upgraded from an inside gty to an outside. I leave in 16 days. In my case, I noticed that the price had dropped and the outside rooms were about the same price now as the inside gty at the time I booked so I called my TA and was moved from a 4c to a 6b at no charge.

Do you have to book directly through Carnival to do this? We booked on-line through Orbitz. Will this make a difference? I noticed the prices have also dropped on our cruise as well.

It should not make a difference. Just give Orbitz a call as they will have to call Carnival as they own your booking. I just got a $140 OBC (onboard credit) today for our cruise Sept 11th.

Dave

Archived