Review of BOS 8/15/06 Page 2

Well, I'm back to continue from where I left off yesterday.

But just a quick reference back.

The name of the restaurant that we ate in Barcelona and just loved was...Restaurante Botafumeiro Moncho, Gran De Gracia, 81-08012

Barcelona. From the Hotel Palace to there you needed a cab.

Day 4 (Continued)

After the fire drill, we all went back to our cabins and got ready for dinner. We got our luggage really early, so we were unpacked even before the Muster Drill started.

On this cruise they had 4 dinner seatings; 6:30, 7:00, 9:00 and 9:15 PM. We had the 7PM time and table number 438 on Deck 4. We were at a table for 8 right next to the Captain's table and in the middle of the room. Very happy with our table.

Our waiter was More and the assisstant waiter was Natalie. Both very nice and tried to be helpful and answer questions and see that we were all okay.

We did the pre-wine package and Natalie did a good job of keeping our glasses full!

However, the first night...no one showed up at our table. We had never experienced that before. Very strange to be at a big table with no one there!

After dinner roamed the ship and then went to bed early as we had an early tour the next day.

Day 5 VilleFranchie

As most of you know, before I left we booked private tours from recommendations we found on this web site. And believe you me...you were all right on the money in this port.

We used Dream Tours and had Jean Marc Nicollin as our guide.

WONDERFUL!!!!! www.dream-tours.com

infos@dream-tours.com

Alain is the one that you keep in touch with and he gave us Jean Marc and are we ever glad that he did!

This was the only tour that we were to share with other people. We were with Rick and Karin from Long Island and what a nice couple!!

Celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary and we remind friends the whole cruise and hopefully forever!

Jean Marc was right at the pier waiting for us and we did so much that it's hard to tell you all everything. But, I will say this.. the tour was customized for us...we could change, add, subtract as we liked.

We did VilleFranchie, Nice, St. Paul, and Monaco all in one day.

And made in back to the ship in plenty of time for dinner!

This trip did 8 ports of call and 4 were our favorite (where we would go back) and this one was definitely one of the 4! More beautiful than any postcard!!

Day 6 (Livorino/Florence)

Again, another early day. We used Claudio@limoinrome.com

and had Paolo as our driver/guide. Again, another good choice.

Before we left for home. I had heard about an Designer outlet mall outside of Florence, so we made arrangements to go to the Mall first. It was okay...very modern; which really surprised me.

All of your Italian designers were there, but no Prada. Had a good 1 and 1/2 hours walking around.

Then he drove us into Florence. He had already pre-booked the Academia for us so we didn't have to wait in that long line!!

We told him we wanted to have lunch where the people did, not the tourists. He took us down a cobblestone street to a place called

Il Latini. THE BEST MEAL OF THE WHOLE TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is owned and operated by a 3rd generation family and it shows.

The food was so good that I can't even begin to explain it. My husband had ice cream and fresh strawberries for dessert and NEVER in my life did I eat ice cream that good:p ....so rich and creamy!! From the hams hanging from the ceiling to the home made salami to the raviolls (just like my mother made) they brought tears to my eyes!! A truly wonderful experience!!!

After lunch we toured the city some more and walked the old bridge and saw the gold district.

Because he had a small van and not a big bus...on the way home he drove us all thru parts of Tuscany. Down dirt roads leading to beautiful villas with vineyards and olive grooves. This was #2 of my favorite stops.

Well, its time to go pay the bills...so until tomorrow!!;)

Archived