Is carrying a Collapsable Wheeled Cooler on board just Too Too Tacky?

soapeaches

Personally I would never carry on a cooler, that is too tacky for me but if you have the courage, go for it I say. I mean you could afford the cruise so why do you have to lug BYOB?? It's no wonder people talk crap about Carnival...

And bringing a toddler pool on board??!!! Wow..what is next? They DO have swimmers diapers that DO NOT LEAK. They aren't expensive and they do work, I used them on my own kids. Buy the swimmer diapers and take them in the SHIP'S POOL for God's sake, that is why it is there...

Next thing you know people will be bringing their own bbq's, tents and coolers and camping out on deck..geesh

Sorry kids are not allowed in the pools unless they are potty trained.;)

And these are the people who take the short cruises and get the cheap inside cabins.

What do you have against poor people????:cool: If you dont want to see people with coolers, take Seabourne or Cunard.

SNOB !!

Good response. And these are the people who take the short cruises and get the cheap inside cabins. They should have plenty of money left to buy a few drinks.

Or they go around with a camera filming folks that bring their coolers on board smoking and then putting out the butt on the carpet then telling Uncle Bob that they want a free cruise due to stress that it caused them to see this.:D :rolleyes:

Or they go around with a camera filming folks that bring their coolers on board smoking and then putting out the butt on the carpet then telling Uncle Bob that they want a free cruise due to stress that it caused them to see this.:D :rolleyes:
It sounds to me like the person who would do that is looking out for his or everyones own safety for a nice enjoyable cruise. But filming coolers would be a waste, unless you are making a video for America's Funniest Videos!

Personally I would never carry on a cooler, that is too tacky for me but if you have the courage, go for it I say. I mean you could afford the cruise so why do you have to lug BYOB?? It's no wonder people talk crap about Carnival...

And bringing a toddler pool on board??!!! Wow..what is next? They DO have swimmers diapers that DO NOT LEAK. They aren't expensive and they do work, I used them on my own kids. Buy the swimmer diapers and take them in the SHIP'S POOL for God's sake, that is why it is there...

Next thing you know people will be bringing their own bbq's, tents and coolers and camping out on deck..geesh

Wrong! Children in swim diapers are NOT allowed in the pools. Safety regulations. I agree with you though about bringing the blow up pools for the toddlers. :rolleyes:

I read this on another thread but it is a great idea for those cruising on ships that have the fridge in the room (but it doesn't keep anything cold enough)...

folks bring large ziplock bags neatly folded in their suitcases and then fill them up with ice once on board and put them in the fridge. This makes the fridge an instant cooler. And (with the proper encouragement $$$) I am certain the cabin steward would empty out the melted water and refill them with ice for you!!

Love your sense of humor, your poor hubby!!! LOL When you do travel and use the black trash bags, do you use the plastic sacks from the Piggly-Wiggly as a carry-on? :) Have a WONDERFUL trip, take lots of pics of that baby in the blow-up pool, and wave bye to all your worries as you sail away. And when you come home, don't forget your Advil for your sherpa...I mean your hubby. :D

We just got back from a 7 day cruise on the Miracle and the cooler worked great. We packed it with 12 large sport bottles of water and brought 12 more in a suitcase. (2 of us drink alot of water). I asked the cabin att if he would mind putting ice in there at night instead of in the ice bucket and he said of course. Well he did better than that. Every morning he would fell it up with ice and again in the evening. It was great to have ice cold water whenever we wanted on the ship and cold water to take on shore, plus it saved quite a bit of money. I dont see how this is tacky when the new roll on coolers look just like a suitcase. It worked great this morning when we needed the extra room and had our cooler empty. And yes we would do it on RCCL or Disney, no problem

To the OP: while understanding the necessity ($$$), with everything that's free onboard, yeah, I'd say a bit tacky. Granted not the worse I've heard or seen, though.

As for the wading pool: THANK YOU! I've seen this several times onboard cruises and I always thank the parents for being that CONSIDERATE. Not only to other passengers, but to their little one who should have fun on vacation, too. Contrary to what a few on here (as in all of CC) think, it is against USPH guidelines for non-potty trained children ot enter a public pool... and yes, this even excludes those swim diapers (folks should really check into the research and reports on those, they aren't as clean/secure as they're cracked up to be...).

But (... and there always is one, huh?), don't expect to be able to take coolers on much longer. There was another post here recently of a delay caused last weekend at Pt. Canaveral because guests were trying to bring on a portable refrigerator-type cooler (the kind you can plug in...). Spoke to my guy at Carnival and it's an issue Carnival (and other cruise lines) are looking into now, what with security and "smuggling" and such. So no one should assume the companies aren't aware of what we do...

Wrong! Children in swim diapers are NOT allowed in the pools. Safety regulations. I agree with you though about bringing the blow up pools for the toddlers. :rolleyes:

Sorry I did not know that swim diapers are not allowed in the pools!! Wow...then they need a pool for kids in swim diapers, their OWN pool! :eek:

Sorry I did not know that swim diapers are not allowed in the pools!! Wow...then they need a pool for kids in swim diapers, their OWN pool! :eek:

Again, still a violation of U.S. Public Health Dept. guidelines. Swim diapers might stop "the little floaties" (as one of my eves-reading co-workers has interjected), but they don't stop liquid transference (urine or diarrhea) well enough to prevent spread of illnesses. And as has been indicated by several already, bringing an inflatable wading pool onboard is an acceptable (and responsible) alternative.

Hi, I am part of the tacky cooler people and proud of it. My friend and I drink alot of water so we brought on a suitcase type cooler on wheels.

It worked great....... We were able to get about a dozen sports bottles in there and brought an additional dozen. When we first got on I asked the cabin att if he would mind putting ice in the cooler at night instead of in the ice bucket. Instead this wonderful man filled it with ice in the morning and again in the evening and twice checked during the day to see if it was still filled. We were able to have ice cold water to take with us on shore and for the entire trip. We even had 2 left for the drive home. As long as you take care of the cabin staff they are more than willing to help you save money and even doing that saved us a ton on buying water.

Again, still a violation of U.S. Public Health Dept. guidelines. Swim diapers might stop "the little floaties" (as one of my eves-reading co-workers has interjected), but they don't stop liquid transference (urine or diarrhea) well enough to prevent spread of illnesses. And as has been indicated by several already, bringing an inflatable wading pool onboard is an acceptable (and responsible) alternative.
What does the U.S. public health dept. have to do with International laws? I say cruise ships should all have the same guidelines as the airplanes when using U.S. ports.

What does the U.S. public health dept. have to do with International laws? I say cruise ships should all have the same guidelines as the airplanes when using U.S. ports.

International laws having nothing to do with it... cruise ships still have to be held to the strictest standards, the Center for Disease Control and USPH lay down certain rules and standards. The ships are inspected often... They state very clearly that there are to be no diapers or non potty trained children (adults ;)) of any form in Carnival pools (they are not chlorinated)

I certainly don't have a problem with anyone bringing a cooler aboard ship, but I'm not sure I would do that myself. I can live without sodas for a week and even though I do drink filtered water (Brita water pitcher at home, filter machine in break room at work) I would not buy bottled water to take with me on my cruise. I'd rather take a water bottle and fill it on the Lido deck; the water there is filtered very well and tastes great (ice too). I'd probably use the bottle for juices as well. Just MHO! :)

Reading this thread has given me inspiration to go ahead and bring my Chocolate Lab w/ me . I have one of those 155 qt/ gallon Igloo's , with the rope handles, I could just drill him some air holes, give him a couple of MD 20/20's to keep him quite while boarding and just let him rome around the buffet on the LIdo deck for scraps that hit the floor .

If he needs a bath while on the cruise I could take him to the Spa to give us extra room in our cabin .

What a country . :rolleyes:

So if it is U.S. laws, why is it that when a ship is docked in a state that has laws against smoking in public places, why are they smoking on the ship? Isnt this still part of the state?

How did we go from asking about coolers, and the unsanitary uses of swim diapers in a public pool, to smoking in public? Let's all try to stick to answers pertaining to the original post.

How did we go from asking about coolers, and the unsanitary uses of swim diapers in a public pool, to smoking in public? Let's all try to stick to answers pertaining to the original post.

No kidding!! If someone doesn't understand the difference, that's there problem... but not every thread needs to turn into a smoking thread :rolleyes:

Archived