so sad

lolliepollie81

a friend of mine just hopped off the sun on wednesday (he was on the two weeker) anyways... he told me two of the passengers had heart attacks and passed away on board. apparently the were both travelling alone. i guess its a blessing none of their families were on board. :(

That is sad. I felt very bad everytime I heard about other passengers being seriously ill. I heard one passenger died and the person who we was suppose to evacuate had 2 heart attacks. I had hoped the deaths were just rumors.

There were some very old and frail people onboard. I guess they prefer taking the risk of going on holiday instead of staying at home and dreaming about going.

My thoughts are with the families.

Yes, this is very sad news, even for those still on board who may have meet them.:(

The thing to remember is that I hope they were doing something they enjoyed doing, which was taking cruises.

I suppose when my time is up, I would love to be on board a wonderful cruise ship enjoying life.

Roland.

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney N628 17 Sept):)

Hi All,

We were on this cruise N625 and had a fabulous time. We thought we should clear up some rumours and let you know of the facts that we know.

On Yasawa, Fiji, I was snorkelling out near the big rock when a man about fiftyish told his friend that he felt short of breath and went under the water unconscious. A few of us near by got him back to the shore. At this time he did have a pulse but was not breathing. After putting him on his side and clearing his airway he coughed up water and started to breath. He was incoherent at this time and did not look as if he was going to make it. We carried him by stretcher to the tender then onto the ship. They called for a sea plane to evacuate him back to Suva the plane did come but was not adequately equipped to carry him.

We then found out that this man and his wife were sharing a cabin directly opposite ours. His sister and her husband were next door. The Captain did make an announcement at Dinner that we were going to fast track to Villa under Doctors Orders. The next day at Breakfast the man "Steve" made an excellent progress and test showed that it was unlikely a heart attack. Possibly a sting from some sort of marine creature. We visited Steve in the Ships Hospital and he looked much better. The Doctor informed us that the only serious injury on the ship was a twisted ankle and a strained neck. Steve was evacuated from Villa to Brisbane with a medical assistant.

There was another family who also left at Villa to return to Australia whose Mother was near death to be by her side.

Hope this has cleared up some of the ship rumours.

Hi All,

We were on this cruise N625 and had a fabulous time. We thought we should clear up some rumours and let you know of the facts that we know.

On Yasawa, Fiji, I was snorkelling out near the big rock when a man about fiftyish told his friend that he felt short of breath and went under the water unconscious. A few of us near by got him back to the shore. At this time he did have a pulse but was not breathing. After putting him on his side and clearing his airway he coughed up water and started to breath. He was incoherent at this time and did not look as if he was going to make it. We carried him by stretcher to the tender then onto the ship. They called for a sea plane to evacuate him back to Suva the plane did come but was not adequately equipped to carry him.

We then found out that this man and his wife were sharing a cabin directly opposite ours. His sister and her husband were next door. The Captain did make an announcement at Dinner that we were going to fast track to Villa under Doctors Orders. The next day at Breakfast the man "Steve" made an excellent progress and test showed that it was unlikely a heart attack. Possibly a sting from some sort of marine creature. We visited Steve in the Ships Hospital and he looked much better. The Doctor informed us that the only serious injury on the ship was a twisted ankle and a strained neck. Steve was evacuated from Villa to Brisbane with a medical assistant.

There was another family who also left at Villa to return to Australia whose Mother was near death to be by her side.

Thanks for that!! It's amazing how rumors get around isn't it....

We had an incident on our cruise on Pacific Sun - someone passed out in the Gazebo Bar one afternoon (although others said it was in Terraces) - and by the end of the cruise it was described as either a heart attack, severe flu or alcohol poisoning... and he'd either fully recovered or was dead. We didn't find out the answers to anything - although there were a lot of people looking out for a hearse at Darling Harbour when we got back.

Hi All,

Thank you for clearing this up. It's surprising how many rumors were onboard. There were all sorts of stories going around. I heard one story were they said a child almost drowned on Yasawa and a parent ended up unconscious trying to save them. I guess there's little or no fact in most of these stories. I should have ignored them.

Archived