Dive Antigua or St. Lucia

Angiem

We are on the Sun Princess Nov 10 and trying to plan scuba trip for hubby. Which is best for diving Antigua, St Lucia or Granada? Also if you know a good dive group in these places any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Angie

Prior to leaving for a cruise with a stop in Antigua I did some research about diving there on these boards. It seemed the general consensus was not to bother. Well after a one day port stop on my cruise I wished I had more time to dive in Antigua. I dove at two sites just outside of English Harbor located on the south side of the island. There I found a great dive operator called Antigua Scuba Center. It is a first class operation run by Carlo & Mary Lou Costantini. We dove off an 8 passenger 30’ Islander Hopper which was very well maintained and clean. There is room for 8 divers and is fully equipped to meet any divers needs whether for comfort or emergency. If you think transportation is problem, no problem. They offer prices with or without transportation. The day I dove it was Carlo himself who played chauffeur. They use well maintained Scubapro gear should you need to rent . They are in the process of moving the shop over to an even more convenient location in Long Bay at Pineapple Beach. If going to Antigua don’t miss out on the great diving they have to offer with a first class operation that Carlo & Mary Lou run at Antigua Scuba Center.

http://www.antiguascuba.com/

• 2 months later...

I had a terrific dive experience in Saint Lucia with Chester of Action Adventures Diving in Soufriere. It is worth the trip to meet Chester. There were only 2 of us, plus Chester the Divemaster, on most of our dives. Yes, that's right, only 2 of us!!!! Chester's personal attention and professionalism were amazing. I have been diving in many places in the Caribbean, and this is operation is at the top of my list.

You

I had a terrific dive experience in Saint Lucia with Chester of Action Adventures Diving in Soufriere. It is worth the trip to meet Chester. There were only 2 of us, plus Chester the Divemaster, on most of our dives. Yes, that's right, only 2 of us!!!! Chester's personal attention and professionalism were amazing. I have been diving in many places in the Caribbean, and this is operation is at the top of my list.

You can

I had a terrific dive experience with Chester the Divemaster of Action Adventure Divers in Saint Lucia in Soufriere. It's worth the trip because most of the best dive sites are near Soufriere anyway. There were only 2 of us- yes that's right- just 2 of us, plus Chester, on most of the dives. His attention and professionalism are top-notch!

You can reach him through aadivers@candw.lc

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from a trip where we dove St. Thomas, St. Marten, St. Lucia and Barbados. Of these, our favorite was St. Lucia. We used Dive Fair Helen and they were awesome. It was really a full day excursion. they picked us up at the dock around 9, took about a 30-45 minute ride over the island to their dive shop, then did two dives right around the base of the Pitons. The coral was awesome; lots of small reef fish with lots of color. They also served a great lunch on the boat. We had both snorkelers and divers; I think maybe 6 divers total with one DM. A really great way to see the island and also get in a couple of dives. We got back to the ship around 4, which cut it a little close, but it worked out fine.

Dancedemon-

A little more information please.

Did Action Adventures offer pickup at the dock? Also, what was the meet time and the cost per diver? We don't need gear.

We are coming in on the Empress, and our port time is 10am to 6 pm, so we miss Dive Fair Helen's boat.

Thanks so much for the info!

Wendy

Archived