New to Celebrity - Millie stateroom info please

pniffer

I'm a HAL and Norwegian past cruiser and would like to try Celebrity. I am decided on Millenium for next summer because of the itinerary being in europe (its closer, I'm English). I have researched quite thoroughly and I am decided on the date and ship, but I can't decide on the stateroom category.

We are a couple with our 16 yr old son and we will share our stateroom. My husband and son are really attracted to the personal PC and internet access in the suites, but of course it costs a whole lot more than the concierge class which is the alternative for us.

Does anyone who has stayed in both types of stateroom have an opinion on whether the difference between the sky suite and the concierge class is worth the extra cost? And which deck is best?

Hi,

Having been on the 'M' class a few times I would say for the 3 of you, if the price is not silly, a sky suite would be ideal. These do not have the pc or internet access. Even the suites that do have pc's (Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse) charge the usual rate for connection. It would cost less if you had to walk to the cyber study to connecto to the web, rather than be tempted but having the pc 'in cabin'.

If the sky suites are expensive then I would go for a CC grade. Whatever you do, you will have a great time :)

Ian :D

Ian thank you for your reply which helped me. However I am confused now about the pc and internet access, because in my "complete guide to cruising 2006" it does say that "suite occupants in ..........sky suites get a full personal computer in each suite including a printer and internet access (on request in the sky suites)......"

As you rightly say tho, that feature should not be the deciding factor because internet access can easily be bought in the cyber study. Other factors are more important, for example space, when there are 3 of us.

We always go concierge class when on Celebrity and love all the extras. We think it is worth the extra charge.

Enjoy your cruise & I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever room you decide on.

You'll love Celebrity, the food is wonderful & you'll love all the extra's, you'll feel pampered when your cruise is over.

Many passengers have been confused/misled about these modern types of communications. The e-mail service is $ 2/day. You can send and receive e-mails either free or $1 @. I think each e-mail is "limited", but I think it's 1,000 characters or more. We e-mail daily dairies to our daughter (with a copy to ourselves at home), and she forwards them to other family members and friends. She also accumulates responses into 1 so as not to run up a big bill.

Internet access is a whole different world, AND COSTLY. You do not need "internet access" for e-mailing. Besides, you're on vacation, so leave work behind !!!!

Archived